Holiday Inn(s) question
Normal
Small
Posted by pezkat

Last year we stayed in the Holiday Inn Express & Suites but there was also another Holiday Inn (that was formerly a Comfort Inn) a block away.  This year there is only 1 listed in the block.  Did they consolidate or ???

Normal
Small
Posted by del_grande

Could you be a little more specific as to the location?

Normal
Small
Posted by bobvilla

The OP is referring to the Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn behind the Convention center just west of Lucas Oil Stadium. I've stayed at that Comfort Inn multiple times but not recently. I also noticed it wasn't in the housing list this year but I didn't know it had become a Holiday Inn.

Normal
Small
Posted by bobvilla

Little research and its two separate hotels under the same corporation. The Comfort Inn has become a regular Holiday Inn and the one next to it remains a Holiday Inn Express & suites. I have no idea what the difference is but on the Holiday Inn website they are two different hotels.

Normal
Small
Posted by pezkat

Yeah sorry, both right downtown, 2-3 blocks from ICC.  I know they were separate last year that's why I was confused to only see one on the list: https://www.gencon.com/attend/hotelmap#downtowncampus.  Guess it doesn't matter but seems strange.

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

They had it open to book in November. I was able to get a 6 person suite for $180 a night. It’s going to be my fall back plan if we’re not able to get a better room in the housing block. 

Normal
Small
Posted by ang_adj

@lordnlkon - How long ago did you book this room?

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

My understanding is that the hi express is not in the block but the hi regular just behind it is in block

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon ang_adj

ang_adj wrote:
@lordnlkon - How long ago did you book this room?

Back in November.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.