Gen Con Housing Registration 2018 (Pinned)
Normal
Small
Posted by forkandahalf

when i go to modify my room, i type in the validation and enter it. then on the next page i get a 404 error.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer forkandahalf

forkandahalf wrote:
when i go to modify my room, i type in the validation and enter it. then on the next page i get a 404 error.

Hello, I just did this on your account and it worked for me. 
Please try again, if you continue to get an error email us customerservice@gencon.com

Mike Boozer
Customer Service and Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Never mind, saw my question answered earlier! :) 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Housing portal keeps crashing every time I try to access it. Does anyone know what's going on or if there will be a fix soon? Thank you!

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:
Housing portal keeps crashing every time I try to access it. Does anyone know what's going on or if there will be a fix soon? Thank you!

I don't have any issues with this, have you tried using a different browser?

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
saberpilot wrote:
I don't have any issues with this, have you tried using a different browser?
This was a few days ago... I did try a different browser (went between Firefox, Chrome, and eventually Edge) - still nothing. It's been working fine since then, though. Thank you!

Normal
Small
Posted by brewski

I do not wish to buy a badge unless there is down town available.
Anyway of confirming any thing open without a purchase?

Normal
Small
Posted by llenlleawg

No. You need a badge to access the housing portal, and you also want to note that the date for badge refunds has passed.

Normal
Small
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

At this point, the chances of getting an in-block downtown room are almost Zero.

To guarantee downtown, you will almost certainly have to go out-of-block, and pay out-of-block prices.

Normal
Small
Posted by glory brewski

brewski wrote:

Sorry man. There have been one or two rooms that have popped up in the portal but they are few and far between. There is no transferring of rooms this year, so your only chance is to get lucky at the portal.

But there is zero guarantee of it. And at this point, I wouldn't hold my breath. 

You might have luck looking for a roommate who already has a room downtown - but badges are projected to sell out pretty soon, so you're running a tight gamble either way. 

Normal
Small
Posted by divachelle brewski

brewski wrote:
Out of block rooms were still available at the Homewood Suites downtown as of this morning.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? wrote:
At this point, the chances of getting an in-block downtown room are almost Zero.
To guarantee downtown, you will almost certainly have to go out-of-block, and pay out-of-block prices.

Right now on Trivago, Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown and Holiday Inn Indianapolis Downtown both have rooms during GenCon dates for under $300/night (Residence Inn's rooms are $219/night).

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

After updating to a different (cheaper) hotel, I'm no longer able to access/see any hotel availability through the portal except for my own hotel - I thought everyone was supposed to have access until 7/15 or 7/16.

To specify, this message appears when I'm trying to look at the current accessibility:
To change hotels please cancel this reservation and create a new one. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.