Normal
Small
Posted by daveculp

12:12PM for me.

Normal
Small
Posted by suburbaknght

Nice, Dave!

I got 6:17 PM.  Makes up for good karma from previous years.  Does anyone know what time downtown hotels sold out last year?

Normal
Small
Posted by casien

Suburbaknght.. I believe most were gone by 3

Normal
Small
Posted by randrac

Yep, this is probably my last year.  Many of my friends gave up going this year.  Getting 10:00 pm pretty much eliminates any chance of a downtown room, and staying remote is not an option for me.

Normal
Small
Posted by suburbaknght casien

casien wrote:
Suburbaknght.. I believe most were gone by 3
Multan dankon.

Normal
Small
Posted by daveculp

I was on the fence, I had to skip last year due to a few things.  I decided if I didnt get a good hotel room I was skipping it this year and maybe trying another big con.

Normal
Small
Posted by runnetib

1010pm. This would make 10 years in a row for me. First time in the last decade I'm considering a refund. 

Normal
Small
Posted by watchdog

9 pm. 

Normal
Small
Posted by hibouphoto

I got 5:28pm.  Better than my time last year which was 11:15pm. Luckily my brother got a good time last year.  This year he did even worse than I did. Here’s to hoping we get a decent room.  

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust

4:32 for me. Better than last year, which was around 10 p.m. or so. I did plan ahead enough to book a room out-of-block months ago for a fairly reasonable price, but I'd like to pay less to stay downtown. We'll see...

Normal
Small
Posted by cjwynes

Won last year.  Lost badly this year, with a 6pm time.  Not sure why they even hand those out, nobody's logging in at 6pm to get a hotel.  They really should just give the first X people a chance to get a hotel and let everybody else book outside the system, kinda pointless.

Sympathize with the guy who hasn't gotten DT in 10 yrs, I think at that point just for the experience I'd skip a year and save the $$ to pay "real" rates for a year.

Normal
Small
Posted by pupilofloki

5:18 PM  Guess this means that I have virtually zero chance at a downtown hotel? Major bummer.  This would be my 5th Gencon, not in a row.  I'll have to sleep on this and maybe see what the portal has for options Sunday. I've never been downtown.  Always drove in from the edge of the city.  Guess this also wont be the year.

Normal
Small
Posted by topdawgzaz33

What a joke... 4 hours last year to sell out downtown and I get 10:33pm... good luck to you all... another year no downtown.

Normal
Small
Posted by alicia250

7:40 pm for me, and 7:18 pm for the husband. Suburban hotels aren't an option, so probably going to have to miss again this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by davel

I had 3:56pm last year and all the downtown hotels were gone. This year: 4:05pm.

Normal
Small
Posted by hendelbolaf

I got 8:06 PM and and my son got 6:50 PM eastern time...

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5