For those who have booked, what did you get?
Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

We booked a 6 person suite at the Hilton 3 blocks away. We wanted to stay in a suite at the Omni but they were all gone by 12:36 at our slotted time.

Normal
Small
Posted by timmontana

Double at the JW Marriot. Love that hotel. So stoked to be staying downtown and not out by the airport this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by stevespikes

I got my first choice, The Westin.  A Standard King ADA-accessible room.  Would have preferred a double room.  But what can you expect when your time slot was at 1:17. *sighs heavily*  At least that's done and over with.  Now, I can concentrate on the events in May.

Normal
Small
Posted by hendelbolaf

So is this the rub it in the faces of the less fortunate thread? ;)

Just kidding, glad you got what you wanted and I hope the rest do as well or some semblance of what they wanted...

Normal
Small
Posted by autumn67 hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:
So is this the rub it in the faces of the less fortunate thread? ;)
Just kidding, glad you got what you wanted and I hope the rest do as well or some semblance of what they wanted...

No was just curious what the people who did have early times were able to get. I feel bad for the late times. I had one last year and had to stalk to the house portal for months to get a room downtown. I kept seeing them and then by the time I would try to switch someone had grabbed them. 

Edit: oops forgot I had switched to my wife's account :)

Normal
Small
Posted by uriel-393

We grabbed a Queen/Queen @ the connected Marriot; Not our first choice, but surprisingly good, considering it was 1.5 hrs after Reg opened. Funny aside: Yesterday, my roomie Ben was excited that he had an 8:01 am Reg time...we were happy all day, then he said 'Crap! It's PM... Well, I saved the day, so no worries.

Normal
Small
Posted by irontk

Embassy Suites Downtown 

Normal
Small
Posted by joshsaulter

Had 1:59 ET and just got a single at the Hyatt. Slim pickings.

Normal
Small
Posted by kevinrg

Hilton.  Will be my first time staying downtown.  Never had the patience or luck to get a room downtown, but got lucky this year with a 12:30 time slot so figured, what the heck.

Normal
Small
Posted by kallaini

I had a 2:30pm time slot and there was only like only 5 hotels left that had doubles, none of them connected by a tube.  There were quite a few hotels (like 20+) that had singles available still.  I was able to get the JW.

Good luck to everyone !!

Normal
Small
Posted by kallaini

PS .... we had a 2:30pm time slot last year as well and there was literally no rooms left downtown.  I was really surprised at the variety this year with the same exact time slot.  We had to end up getting an Airbnb last year, for a much larger cost.

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

got a queen and sofa bed at the Hampton Inn Downtown

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon kallaini

kallaini wrote:
PS .... we had a 2:30pm time slot last year as well and there was literally no rooms left downtown.  I was really surprised at the variety this year with the same exact time slot.  We had to end up getting an Airbnb last year, for a much larger cost.

The new policies are obviously working. Just goes to show you that there were definitely a lot of people who were just booking rooms to book them and then would trade them out later when they decided which room in the group they wanted to go with. 

Normal
Small
Posted by kitsune223

Standard King @ the JW :) super happy about this (now to check for breakfast options)

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon kitsune223

kitsune223 wrote:
Standard King @ the JW :) super happy about this (now to check for breakfast options)

I think they have an in house restaurant that does breakfast if I remember correctly. 

Normal
Small
Posted by jedijawa74

We got a queen deluxe at the Hilton which includes a pull out couch. We had hoped to get a double studio with sofa bed at the SpringHill and figured we could with a 12:15 login.  But we didn't and felt lucky to get the Hilton.

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:
We got a queen deluxe at the Hilton which includes a pull out couch. We had hoped to get a double studio with sofa bed at the SpringHill and figured we could with a 12:15 login.  But we didn't and felt lucky to get the Hilton.
Funny! I had a login of 12:14 and SpringHill double studio with pull out sofa was my first choice as well.  Ended up with similar setup at Staybridge Suites.

Normal
Small
Posted by kitsune223 lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
kitsune223 wrote:

I think they have an in house restaurant that does breakfast if I remember correctly.

Yup and it's supposed to be good, but seeing as it's not included in the price I'll want to try some other places as well as it 

Normal
Small
Posted by kallaini lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
kitsune223 wrote:

They do have a breakfast buffet and it is really nice.  It is like right at $20 though, but worth it. Panera is right down the road, for a cheaper option.   

Normal
Small
Posted by steffles

We got Candlewood Suites "downtown."  It is 3 miles away.  This will be the farthest we've ever stayed, but I think it is doable.  I'm not thrilled, but it will be a new Gencon experience.  

Sign in to write a new post. New Post