Outlying hotels availability?
Normal
Small
Posted by gerrygren

I think the work Austicke and others did on updating downtown availability is totally amazing and I am sure is greatly appreciated. Is there any update for those of us with late times on the availability of the outlying hotels ? Thanks

Normal
Small
Posted by zazamos

There are still tons of hotels in the GenCon block--just not in downtown Indy.

Though to be honest, at that point I'd much rather just book out of block than deal with GenCon's Housing rules and potential cancellation fees. Most hotels out of block are both cheaper than the in block offerings for comparable quality, and most of these said out of block hotels aren't going to hit you with a $50 cancellation fee like in block ones would.

Normal
Small
Posted by jedijawa74

Yeah, the prices on the outlying hotels aren't that different than the regular price.  I am impressed with how many outlying hotels are available this year at this time compared to prior years.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

I just logged into the portal a few minutes ago, and there were still dozens of hotels available.

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice austicke

austicke wrote:
I just logged into the portal a few minutes ago, and there were still dozens of hotels available.

How do you check for remaining available hotels after you actually book a room?

The big warning that pops up is a bit intimidating about modifying and losing your room.  As long as you don't go through the whole process and confirm a new entry, I assume you can peruse the stock and not lose your current booking?

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:How do you check for remaining available hotels after you actually book a room?

The big warning that pops up is a bit intimidating about modifying and losing your room.  As long as you don't go through the whole process and confirm a new entry, I assume you can peruse the stock and not lose your current booking?

That big warning is indeed scary; but, yes, as long as you don't confirm a change, your existing reservation will be safe and sound.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

I noticed a lot more of the outlying rooms are available at this time versus last year. We had a 7:30PM EST time last year and all of the rooms were gone. This year there is still a lot available at 7:15. Just thought that was interesting.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

Out of downtown should be easy.  I wouldn't even bother with the GenCon system and its complexities.  Just go to Travelocity.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.