Does simply pressing the modify button cause $50 fee?
Normal
Small
Posted by clea

To clarify, I reserved a hotel via the housing portal a few minutes ago that is about 15mi away. I'm aware there's a $50 cancellation fee if I were to cancel or modify my reservation. I did however want to see the current available hotels, in case something better popped up or somebody else cancelled so I could then decide if it's worth the fee. That said, if I ever press the "modify" button next to the name of my hotel i'm given a warning that states 

"All room assignments are subject to cancellation fees. Assignments cancelled before 11:59 pm (Eastern), June 11, 2018 are subject to a $50 USD cancellation fee per room. Room assignments cancelled after June 11, 2018 are subject to a cancellation fee equal to one night room charge per room. Cancellation fees will be automatically charged to the credit card on file, and Q-rooms LLC will be listed as the charge originator on the credit card statements. No exceptions or refunds will be granted. After housing registration ends on July 16, 2018, your assigned hotel will charge a non-refundable deposit equal to one-night room rate plus tax and convert your assignment into a confirmed hotel reservation. Hotels will begin charging deposits on July 17, but it can be 24 hours or longer for the hotel to complete the transactions and issue confirmed reservations.Are you sure you want to modify this information?" with a simple YES/NO prompt when my answer is in fact maybe. Does simply pressing the "yes" button to see other available hotels surrender my reservation and incur the $50 fee? I realize this is unlikely but would like confirmation before I ruin everything. 

Normal
Small
Posted by glory

You can modify all you want - it will not charge you $50. You will only be charged $50 if you outright cancel.

You can room hop a few miles in at a time, over and over, and not be charged a fee. 

Normal
Small
Posted by clea glory

glory wrote:
You can modify all you want - it will not charge you $50. You will only be charged $50 if you outright cancel.
You can room hop a few miles in at a time, over and over, and not be charged a fee. 

Thank you. This seems to work fine without issue, thanks for putting me at ease. 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke clea

clea wrote:I'm aware there's a $50 cancellation fee if I were to cancel or modify my reservation.

Nope. As glory stated, only a cancellation carries a fee, not a modification.

Normal
Small
Posted by lordbobo

Room Hop? You can change hotels without canceling the first room?

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice lordbobo

lordbobo wrote:
Room Hop? You can change hotels without canceling the first room?

Yes.  "Manage Room", "Modify", acknowledge pop-up, "Modify" by Hotel Name.  Search to your heart's content.  Select, confirm, etc. and you're fine.

You run into problems only if you actually cancel your reservation out right.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.