Airport to Con Transportation Options
Normal
Small
Posted by doogs19

Greetings,

Usually between the members of my group (3-5 each year), we have been able to stay within walking distance of the con for the past jillionteen years (been attending since GenCon 18). This year with the lottery, between the five of us the earliest time we had was 6:30 pm, so we were hosed. 

We have a suite at the Homewood Suites by Hilton - Airport/Plainfield. I have done some searching, but I don't trust that I have turned over every stone, so I turn to the group for ideas or confirmation on what I found.

From what I can see, we can get a Lyft as needed, drive and park (UGH!!!), or catch a shuttle at the airport that leaves on the half hour. 

What have folks used in the past, and can you share any details? Thanks in advance! 

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

Have you considered Gate Ten?  Drive in, park and walk (about a mile), or take their shuttle that runs fairly often.

Normal
Small
Posted by doogs19 bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
Have you considered Gate Ten?  Drive in, park and walk (about a mile), or take their shuttle that runs fairly often.
I had not - thanks for the tip and insight! Looks like it's going to be around $17/day for parking, extrapolating from the multi-day passes that they have available for purchase right now (of which GenCon is not one as of yet). Thx! 

Normal
Small
Posted by doogs19

BlueIndy is also another option that has been passed to me. 

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

If you have a car, GateTen is a great option. You can also park at the Mall for I believe $22 a day. If you have a car, driving in and parking would be the best option as you'd have a place to store your stuff at.

Normal
Small
Posted by doogs19 lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
If you have a car, GateTen is a great option. You can also park at the Mall for I believe $22 a day. If you have a car, driving in and parking would be the best option as you'd have a place to store your stuff at.
Thank you, and good thinking!

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

One thing to keep in mind is if you are planning to park and do not have parking reserved. You will want to arrive early. As I do believe the garages fill up pretty fast. If you park at Gate Ten then you have no issue, though you may be a bit father away. I think you can park in the LOS parking lots as well, not sure what they charge though.

Normal
Small
Posted by doogs19

Thanks - much appreciated!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.