New Hotel Projects
Normal
Small
Posted by gib_rebeg

I've posted this on a couple other sites, with all the interest in rooms, I'll share it here. It's an updated one of the others I've shared.

Rundown of the hotels coming and when we could see them. Please keep in mind all projects are in various stages of work. Ether in drafting, planning, getting permits or construction. None are guaranteed at this time.

Bethel AME Church Hotel This one is located about 6 blocks north of the CC. Now this project is not a guarantee as there are a lot of special interest groups trying to prevent it due to the historical nature of the Bethel Church. But should it be completed sometime in late of 2020, it will add 212 rooms.

Bottleworks Now technically it is 2 miles NE of the CC, this one will likely fall into the DT housing block much like Candlewood Suites does at 2.5 miles NW of the CC. This hotel/Condo project is slated to begin work in a couple months with a completion date of late around Gencon of 2019 adding 136 rooms. This is a conversion project of the old Coke bottling plant, which will include retail space, A 136 room boutique hotel, An 8 screen movie theater, A shopping mall.

Hyatt House and Hyatt Place Hotels Located right across from Bankers Life Fieldhouse. 3 Blocks east of the CC. These two hotels are under construction now with a completion date of spring of 2019. When completed both will add 316 rooms.

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown Renovation; when they complete their renovation, they will have added an additional 5 hotel rooms. Slatted to be completed by Gencon this year.

Kimpton Hotel at One North Penn; This is a conversion project of the 109-year-old One North Penn building downtown about 3 blocks East northeast of the CC. Construction is slated to begin around the time of Gencon this year with a completion date of Spring of 2020. When completed this hotel will add 130 Rooms.

The Tapestry at One Jackson Place Located 1.5 blocks east of the CC. This is a conversion project currently under construction with a completion date around the time of Gencon this year. This hotel will add 110 rooms.

TownePlace Suites Located 2.5 blocks East-Southeast of Lucas Oil. This hotel is currently under construction with a completion date of spring 2019. This hotel will add 146 rooms.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

That's a helpful recap. Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by blackcatmoebius gib_rebeg

gib_rebeg wrote:Bottleworks Now technically it is 2 miles NE of the CC, this one will likely fall into the DT housing block much like Candlewood Suites does at 2.5 miles NW of the CC. This hotel/Condo project is slated to begin work in a couple months with a completion date of late around Gencon of 2019 adding 136 rooms. This is a conversion project of the old Coke bottling plant, which will include retail space, A 136 room boutique hotel, An 8 screen movie theater, A shopping mall.

I just took a ‘Before’ tour of this space - they will be keeping/renovating/recreating a lot of the old brickwork and woodwork of the old (1930s era) Coke bottling plant.  Looks like it will be beautiful.

Normal
Small
Posted by ytuni

I wonder if the ones that are slatted to be complete around Gen Con will be available for attendees to snatch up at the last minute.

Normal
Small
Posted by gib_rebeg ytuni

ytuni wrote:
I wonder if the ones that are slatted to be complete around Gen Con will be available for attendees to snatch up at the last minute.
If they are, they wont be part of the Housing Block this year. Something to watch for on their hotel website's.

But please keep in mind, delays happen, so exact completion dates are often wrong.

Normal
Small
Posted by jde9942 ytuni

ytuni wrote:
definitely worth monitoring at least if you're looking for a downtown room.  I'm sure the hotel knows the timing of the con too, so if there's a chance they could open I'm sure they'd be happy to take your money.  Not sure I'd expect block rates if they do open though- probably upwards around $300/night.

Normal
Small
Posted by gib_rebeg

Looks like Tapestry which was scheduled to open around the time of Gencon this year has been delayed to well after Gencon. Reasons for it are unknown. Could be problems found while converting the older building. Or problems with the construction companies financial problems. It will still open, sometime between October 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.

The Hotel's official name will be "The Printing House" a Tapestry brand hotel owned by Hilton.

Once this hotel is completed, I hope we can see construction resume on the Cambria Hotel & Suites hotel that was delayed right across the street that will add 150 more hotel rooms.

Normal
Small
Posted by cman811

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager cman811

If you have not revealed sticker #67, scratch here..

Normal
Small
Posted by gib_rebeg gib_rebeg

gib_rebeg wrote:
Looks like Tapestry which was scheduled to open around the time of Gencon this year has been delayed to well after Gencon. Reasons for it are unknown. Could be problems found while converting the older building. Or problems with the construction companies financial problems. It will still open, sometime between October 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
The Hotel's official name will be "The Printing House" a Tapestry brand hotel owned by Hilton.
Once this hotel is completed, I hope we can see construction resume on the Cambria Hotel & Suites hotel that was delayed right across the street that will add 150 more hotel rooms.
Been delayed even further. Tapestry is now scheduled early next year for completion and is currently listed as on hold. Meaning no work is being done. This is concerning.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.