Does changing hotels incur the fee?
Normal
Small
Posted by gameshoppeguy

Pretty straight forward question does changing hotels incur the $50 fee? Thanks for helping.

Normal
Small
Posted by stiehle

Nope, from everything I've read and the 'official' posts, only canceling your room incurs the fee.  You can change your room a hundred times (through the housing portal) and never incur a fee for doing so.

Normal
Small
Posted by d-detrick

Cool, I was just going to ask about that.Thank you.

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey

Also, they are serious about the no exception to the cancellation fee policy. I accidentally booked a room out of town, immediately cancelled and booked a room downtown. This was my first time booking an in block room and I didn't fully understand the policy.  I was basically told, "sucks to be you" by customer service.   

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke pcorey

pcorey wrote:Also, they are serious about the no exception to the cancellation fee policy. I accidentally booked a room out of town, immediately cancelled and booked a room downtown.

You should have just modified your existing reservation to change hotels. No cancellation fee.

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey austicke

austicke wrote:
pcorey wrote:Also, they are serious about the no exception to the cancellation fee policy. I accidentally booked a room out of town, immediately cancelled and booked a room downtown.

You should have just modified your existing reservation to change hotels. No cancellation fee._____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group
Yes, I am very much aware of what I should have done.  I don't mean to be snarky, but this is the second time you've told me this and it is no way helpful. Please stop rubbing salt in the wound.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Sorry, pcorey, I didn't realize you were the same person nor that I was rubbing salt in the wound.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.