Dropping your hotel reservation? POST IT HERE! <3
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5
Normal
Small
Posted by n8doggs

I'd like to bring my family to GenCon, but babies/infants who need to take frequent (uninterrupted) naps makes it difficult to justify going if there are no hotels available connected to the convention hall. SO, I am hoping to have a thread where people with kids, and those with disabilities, can patiently wait for dropped reservations rather than logging into the housing portal every 3 hours per day until August 2nd. 

Would you be so kind to post your dropped, or soon to be dropped, reservations here? :)

Normal
Small
Posted by jde9942

now this is a decent idea, but to make it work properly you might have to do the opposite.  Ppl with such needs should post here, and then if someone has an intention to drop a reservation, to send a private "heads up" message to the person to check the portal at "X" time. 

Otherwise, the room will be likely scooped up by ppl spamming the portal for openings, and the needful person wouldn't have an opportunity to get it.

Normal
Small
Posted by n8doggs

I agree - that is a much better way to do it. I'll start!  :)

PM me if you have a hotel you are going to drop -- I'll be very grateful of your charity!

Normal
Small
Posted by tacomuerte

I think the PM idea is great, too! I have a disability that limits my walking distance pretty severely and makes travel to outer hotels difficult. If anyone is dropping a room, I'd be grateful as well to hear from you.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

I've been watching the portal religiously but nothing yet... we would just like a room within walking distance if possible, ideally attached.

If anyone else is dropping a room, I would be most grateful to hear from you as well. I would be fine if I wait behind those with actual needs (ADA/littles). Thank you!

Normal
Small
Posted by irontk saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:
I've been watching the portal religiously but nothing yet... we would just like a room within walking distance if possible, ideally attached.
If anyone else is dropping a room, I would be most grateful to hear from you as well. I would be fine if I wait behind those with actual needs (ADA/littles). Thank you!

It's a little late now, but next year start planning in around July of this year. You can secure a room one year in advance at the Conrad or many other places for about 250 a night. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot irontk

irontk wrote:
saberpilot wrote:
It's a little late now, but next year start planning in around July of this year. You can secure a room one year in advance at the Conrad or many other places for about 250 a night. 
We sadly weren't sure of plans until January due to work schedules and the like; trust me, if we could have committed earlier, we definitely would have!

Normal
Small
Posted by dranthor

I've have trouble with walking also and have to use a scooter at gen con. I'd love a pm if you are giving up your hotel.   taking a scooter in and out of a car is just really not doable.

Normal
Small
Posted by shortred20

I would be fine with ANY downtown hotel, so if I do pick up a connecting room (by some miracle), I would be willing to trade with someone who needed the connection more than I do. Keeping an eye on things. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by almzvendett

I, too, am looking for a room downtown. I don't care if it's connecting or has skywalk access, so long as it's within walking distance of the convention center.
If anyone is dropping their reservation, I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks.

Normal
Small
Posted by abcook627

I'm in the same boat as others. Looking for a downtown hotel within walking distance of the convention center. We will have our two children with us for part of the time, so would like something close. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by dranthor

I dropped my reservation it is about 8 miles out so if interested go for it.

Normal
Small
Posted by ckeeling75

Would LOVE to take over a room that's connected via the walkway.  This is the first year I've made the reservations and had no idea they went so very fast.    If anyone changes their mind on their room and wants to let a quad of geeks from Atlanta take it over please let me know :).

Normal
Small
Posted by alans

OK, we are dropping a Monday-Monday reservation at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre.

It's 7:42 PM Eastern on 2/28.  I'm going to cancel it in 20 minutes.

Good Luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor!!

Normal
Small
Posted by n8doggs alans

alans wrote:
OK, we are dropping a Monday-Monday reservation at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre.
 It's 7:42 PM Eastern on 2/28.  I'm going to cancel it in 20 minutes.
Good Luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor!!
Sadly, I missed it - but thanks for posting! 

*Still looking for a room connected via the walkway - please let us know! :)

Normal
Small
Posted by polderan

I actually saw it in the Portal, but someone was a faster clicker then I.

Normal
Small
Posted by sirrogue

I have a reservation outside of the Housing Portal at the Airport Holiday Inn. I will be staying with a friend's reservation instead, so I'm looking to transfer this to someone in need. Currently reserved for Tuesday through Monday, but can be shortened if needed. Please PM for details!

Normal
Small
Posted by divachelle

Just canceled our in-block back up room - it’s a king at the downtown Embassy Suites for Tuesday through Monday. Hurry! Good luck! 

Normal
Small
Posted by winterspke

Hi, everyone. Great idea for this post! I have a family of 4 with a daughter in a wheelchair. And a cosplaying service dog. Anything downtown would be a huge benefit to us and a connected hotel would be downright shiny. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

I just dropped our 6.6 mile Hyatt Indianapolis Hotel (switched it out for something else) but if that helps anyone out, it's yours!

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5