Seeking downtown room swap (Have King, want 2 Doubles) ( Locked)
Normal
Small
Posted by sengelha
#1

I have a room at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown with a King bed.  I would like to swap with someone who has a downtown room with 2 double beds (ideally in the same hotel).

I spoke with Q-rooms and this swap should be able to be performed by them without the room being released to the general pool, so there is no risk of either of us losing the reservation.

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon
#2

I hope you find what you’re looking for but it’s a slim likelihood. The king rooms were available when the people who got 2 doubles booked. They would have just booked the kings if that’s what they were looking for.

Normal
Small
Posted by shortred20
#3

I’d be interested in your room if you need to drop it. Still looking for anything downtown. 

Normal
Small
Posted by sengelha lordnlkon
#4

lordnlkon wrote:
I hope you find what you’re looking for but it’s a slim likelihood. The king rooms were available when the people who got 2 doubles booked. They would have just booked the kings if that’s what they were looking for.

Yes I figured it's a long shot but I thought I'd try anyway.  There's always sleeping bags...

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe
#5

And Q rooms said nothing about a cancellation fee, or keeping the person originally responsible on the room? If not, either someone didn't get a memo, or else room swaps CAN occur as usual.

Normal
Small
Posted by glory
#6

So, why can we swap rooms but we cannot transfer rooms? That's some nonsense right now. 

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager braewe
#7

braewe wrote:
And Q rooms said nothing about a cancellation fee, or keeping the person originally responsible on the room? If not, either someone didn't get a memo, or else room swaps CAN occur as usual.
It's a Trap.jpeg

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer sengelha
#8

sengelha wrote:
I have a room at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown with a King bed.  I would like to swap with someone who has a downtown room with 2 double beds (ideally in the same hotel).
I spoke with Q-rooms and this swap should be able to be performed by them without the room being released to the general pool, so there is no risk of either of us losing the reservation.

We are no longer transferring (or swapping) rooms. This is a miscommunication with Q-rooms, based on us doing them in the past. These transfers are no longer allowed via the new policy.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.