Bad news. There is no more corn at Circle Center Mall.
Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent stepamilewski

stepamilewski wrote:
mstabosz wrote:
Also, that damn escalator in the skyway from the mall to the convention center is STILL stairs.  It's not blocked off though.  And maybe "still" is not the right word, because today was the first time I've been there since Gencon.  It might have worked at some point since then.
But still, a broken escalator is so depressing.  That's just stairs.
I still walk up and down that stupid escalator every day. Yes, it's still broken, and has been broken for nearly a year. They had it up and running for a week, but then it broke-down again. I think the mall has given up on it at this point because they are planning a huge remodel, which will start this month.

Ugh.  As long as they don't have it blocked off during GenCon, it's still serviceable.

Also, an escalator cannot be broken.  It can only be turned into stairs.  There is no such thing as a broken escalator.  There is only "temporary stairs".

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:Also, an escalator cannot be broken.  It can only be turned into stairs.  There is no such thing as a broken escalator.  There is only "temporary stairs".

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I guess I stand corrected....

Normal
Small
Posted by microwench

That is a very, VERY broken escalator... 
The skywalk escalator is nearly always stairs for at least part of the con. At least since I have been going (not long, just since 2012) it's practically a tradtion in it's own right at this point. As much as my lazy butt hates it, I have to admit it's doing me a favor and forcing me to burn some extra calories so hey, it's not all bad.
I just accept the pleasant suprise on the occasions when it is an escalator!

Normal
Small

As long as both the up and down escalators are available as stairs, I guess it's not biggie.  Last year I kind of remember problems with a lot of traffic moving in both directions.

Normal
Small
Posted by rodoubleb

Let's get back to the original topic here.  Corn in a cup, lack of corn in a cup at the Circle Center Mall, and how you are going to fill this void in your Gencon experience.  

Normal
Small
Posted by deadsaidfred

@rodoubled

Beer and red meat.

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

Ok, look, I challenge the accuracy of this "no more corn at Circle Center Mall" claim. There is a movie theater there. And like all theaters:

Ok, granted, it's a huge freakin' "cup". And the corn is a bit... shall we say, processed... but for certain values of cup-like containers and a specific value of "corn", there is indeed corn at the Circle Center Mall!

I rest my case. 

;)

Normal
Small

Well, now the coffee stand is gone and in its place is this:

Also, miraculously, both escalators in the skyway between convention center and Circle Center Mall were working.

Normal
Small
Posted by scswan lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:
scswan wrote:
mstabosz wrote:
glory wrote:
I stopped at the corn booth last year and kind of loved it. It had chili cheese fritos and cheese. It was a clever idea. 
I'm still bitter about Curritos though. That place was my favorite. 
I was about to say that it's still open, because that name is cemented in my head even though I've never been there.  As it turns out the location I'm thinking of is actually in Maryland, at a service area in the middle of I-95.  I just pass it every time I go from Indianapolis back to my hometown in Delaware. 
Are you volunteering to bring us all corn this year?
Well, I am visiting home in the second week of June.  That's only what, 7 weeks before Gencon?  Sure.  I can bring eight or nine hundred pounds of 7 week old corn.
So where and when should we meet up to get our corn?

New Post Sign in to write a new post.