Gate 10 Parking
Normal
Small
Posted by thesuperskrull

I will be driving back and forth from Avon to the convention and if there is a way that I can avoid trying to find a parking spot every morning I would welcome it. I have noticed a few posts here about Gate 10 parking and I have a few questions if anyone can help. Once I have a pass can I come and go from the lot as I please or are there a set number of times I can do so? Can I enter and leave at any hour or is the lot closed before/after a certain point? Would I be getting a specific spot or just whatever is open in the designated area?

Thanks for any help anyone can give. 

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

The Gate 10 parking pass does have unlimited ins and outs daily, is open 24 hours, and they will direct you to a parking place.  Mind the address on your ticket, that's the correct lot to report to.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

They also have a shuttle running 24 hours a day, every 15 to 20 minutes.

Normal
Small
Posted by thesuperskrull

Thank you. I appreciate the help. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Do we happen to know where the shuttles are going to/from in terms of pick up/drop off? 

Normal
Small
Posted by pinheadjo

The shuttles run between the various Gate 10 lots and the front entrance of the Convention center. Usually about 5 minutes? between the arrival and departure of each one. I think they had two...maybe three of them runniung last year.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Hmm. I wasn't sure if they did that or they ran between hotels and/or the convention center. I didn't actually see the shuttles last year, so I wasn't sure how they worked. :) Thank you!

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Here's the message to registered players that you'll see once you purchase a ticket, hope this information helps:

You will park your vehicle at (LOT)
We ask that if staying in one of these hotels you check in dropping your luggage at your chosen hotel before bringing your vehicle to the lot. 

We ask this to allow more transportation space for attendees on the shuttles and not luggage. During your departure, we ask that you pick your vehicle then pick up your luggage and check out. We ask this to allow more transportation space for attendees on the shuttles and not luggage.

Shuttles will only transport to and from hotels during your check in and departure. NO SHUTTLES will transport from hotels to ICC or Lucas Oil Stadium.

Shuttle will transport you from the Gate Ten parking lot to these downtown hotels from your parking lot: 
Le Meridian
Holiday Inn
Staybridge Suites
Holiday Inn Express
Homewood Suites
Conrad Hotel
Hilton
Embassy Suites
Hyatt Regency
Westin
Marrriot
JW Marriot
Fairfield
Courtyard Marriot
Spring Hill Suites
Sheraton

Gate Ten Events and Parking is a One of a Kind, must see facility. 
Walking into Gate Ten will both impress and amaze you, the facility has capacity for just over 900 persons yet a warm welcoming feeling. 
The food court has three service windows which allows for large numbers to be served at once.
The main event room has several large screen televisions, full service bar, and a view of the Lucas Oil Stadium that is unmatched.
Gate Ten Event Center:       Food and Festivities 
The Gate Ten Event Center located at 343 West McCarty St will be open daily as follows
Thursday 11:00 am until 1 pm   3 pm until 2 am
Friday     11:00 am until 1 pm   3 pm until 2 am
Saturday  11:00 am until 1 pm 3 pm until 2 am
Sunday     11:00 am until 4 pm     
For additional questions or concerns please email us at gatetenevents@gmail.com or
visit our website www.gatetenevents.com

Normal
Small
Posted by laufersweiler

I used Gate 10 last year, and the experience was pretty positive. They're right off the I-70 exit, so access is pretty painless, especially if you're staying by the airport or similar parts. 

They seemed to be doing some on-the fly changeovers between This Shuttle Services A Specific Lot and the All Shuttles Stop At Every Lot service patterns at times. The former means longer waits for pickup, while the latter means longer rides. I expect they have know their business some grasp on when to optimize for one vs the other, but do pay attention to their signs. 

The shuttle was especially handy when I had some game materials I didn't want to lug around all day, or after my sweep through the dealer room. It made it pretty painless to stow things in my trunk rather than feel like a pack mule.

The drivers are paid via tips only, so be sure to plan to have some cash on hand.

This year I'm staying along the #10 bus line, so I'll probably go that route instead, but otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to use Gate 10 again.

Normal
Small
Posted by csdaley

Does anyone know when Gate 10 parking will go on sale? Did I miss it? I can't seem to find anything on the site to sign up for notifications.

Normal
Small
Posted by pinheadjo

It is in the events listed as Gate 10 parking. Already on sale, not sure if it is sold out.

Normal
Small
Posted by jpederso

Or go under the category "Isle of Misfit Events"  under "4 day parking", "5 day parking" etc

Normal
Small
Posted by jpederso

Or go under the category "Isle of Misfit Events"  under "4 day parking", "5 day parking" etc

Normal
Small
Posted by csdaley

I found it and got one. Thanks.

It says the lot closes at 6 pm. I have to assume that is just because that is when the showroom floor closes?

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

Gate 10 has 24 hour access and runs a shuttle 24 hours a day during con from ICC to their lots.

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

We live an hour outside Indy and using Gate 10 had almost changed our GenCon. My mom goes with us and could only go 2 days before due to the extra walk. Now, with the shuttle, it cuts down on the abuse she takes walking down the street in the heat. Though last year we were in a different lot and were told there was no shuttle service from that lot, which i did not pay less for and was fuming pretty badly over. But we found if we walked a block to the other Gate 10 lot we could ride the shuttle from there, which was better than the 5 block walk to the ICC from that lot. So those of you that picked up that lot this year, just walk across the street to the other lot, you paid full price for shuttle service, you should use it. 

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster ascantla

ascantla wrote:We live an hour outside Indy and using Gate 10 had almost changed our GenCon. My mom goes with us and could only go 2 days before due to the extra walk. Now, with the shuttle, it cuts down on the abuse she takes walking down the street in the heat. Though last year we were in a different lot and were told there was no shuttle service from that lot, which i did not pay less for and was fuming pretty badly over. But we found if we walked a block to the other Gate 10 lot we could ride the shuttle from there, which was better than the 5 block walk to the ICC from that lot. So those of you that picked up that lot this year, just walk across the street to the other lot, you paid full price for shuttle service, you should use it. 
Good Advice!  Thanks for sharing.

Normal
Small
Posted by swhitebull

I went to purchase a parking pass at Gate 10.  Wen I completed the purchase,  it said I have to pick up the ticket at Will call at the conventino center.  doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of getting a parking space?   I would like the parking pass sent to my home instead, sop I can drive right in.  Is that possible? How do I go about doing that since it wasnt an option on the genCon website?

thx

Scott 

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks swhitebull

swhitebull wrote:
I went to purchase a parking pass at Gate 10.  Wen I completed the purchase,  it said I have to pick up the ticket at Will call at the conventino center.  doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of getting a parking space?   I would like the parking pass sent to my home instead, sop I can drive right in.  Is that possible? How do I go about doing that since it wasnt an option on the genCon website?
thx
Scott 

Unfortunately the date where you can select having your badge and tickets mailed to you has passed quite a while ago. However, Gate 10 understands that many attendees use will call and you can park without at ticket. You then have 3 hours to pick up your materials from will call and drop your ticket back off at the Gate 10 lot. 

Normal
Small
Posted by swhitebull brooks

brooks wrote:
swhitebull wrote:
thx
Scott 

Unfortunately the date where you can select having your badge and tickets mailed to you has passed quite a while ago. However, Gate 10 understands that many attendees use will call and you can park without at ticket. You then have 3 hours to pick up your materials from will call and drop your ticket back off at the Gate 10 lot. 
Great

Im coming down from Chicago.  I assume the lot opens around 8:00 AM EST?  (Ive seen various times posted and wanted to double check when I can park) And I can pick up my badge packet around the same time? 

thx

Scott 

Sign in to write a new post. New Post