Who's Got a Good Veggie Burger in Downton Indy?
Normal
Small
Posted by citizenluke

Vegan gamer going to GenCon with non-vegans, so we'll be eating at the local downtown joints.

Anybody know who has a good veggie burger? Or other vegan fair?

Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by san_fan_49

There are usually a few different food trucks that would have something.

There is a noodles and company not far from the hall, pretty sure they have vegan items.

Not sure how subway sits with you (veggie delight, etc), but there are a few of those.
I know there was an organic cafe that I loved and went to twice last year, I know they had vegan items, but I have to do a little google snooping to see if I can remember where it was.

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Whole food probably does, and they just opened downtown

Normal
Small
Posted by gamerlaura

Yard House has good vegetarian options.

Normal
Small
Posted by ianm

Spice Box is one of my favorite places, it's just a couple blocks away in the City Market. And Sinking Ship is a great beer bar with some really good vegan/veg options.

Normal
Small
Posted by llenlleawg

You definitely want to go to Three Carrots! They have locations both at Fountain Square and at City Market. No veggie burger per se (well, there is a beet burger), but it's all vegetarian and vegan, and there's lots to choose from. Also, at least last year, I got a discount for wearing my Gen Con badge, so there's that!

Normal
Small
Posted by fethbone

Cafe Patachou is right by the ICC and has vegan options for breakfast and lunch. Free coffee too. I've had the vegan "omelette" and vegan Cuban breakfast and they're pretty good, but they under-salt their food for my tastes- a little too "healthy" tasting. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by smashes

my favorite downtown veggie burger has to be at bru burger right on mass ave.  It's a little bit pricey, but you and your non vegan friends would all enjoy.  

Normal
Small
Posted by hauntedcity

Three Carrots is The Best and 100% vegan.

The following places have good vegetarian options, but I'm not sure about vegan...

The previously mentioned Yardhouse has several vegetarian options, although I don't recall a burger.

The Ram has a pretty good veggie burger, but watch out for the crowds.

Scotty's Brewhouse has tweaked their veggie burger over the years with mixed success. I haven't had one recently, though.

Noodles & Co is great for  quick meal.

Normal
Small
Posted by citizenluke

Thanks, everybody. I've been keeping a running list of all your recommendations and will take it with me when I go to Indy.
I'm still open to suggestions if anyone wants to add.
And thank you.
Hopefully other veggie people are able to take advantage of this info as well.

Normal
Small
Posted by mstabosz

Whole Foods on 320 Market Street just opened.  It's about 3/4 of a mile from the Convention Center though.

Normal
Small
Posted by unwyrden

Veggie here! Greatly appreciate this thread OP. I've got it tracked LOL

Normal
Small
Posted by huhster

Kuma's Korner has the impossible burger now

Normal
Small
Posted by glory huhster

huhster wrote:
Kuma's Korner has the impossible burger now

I am OBSESSED with these Impossible Burgers right now. They make me so happy. This is such good news!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.