Food trucks
Normal
Small
Posted by desiree.goyette

Sorry silly question but I have tried to look for the answer before posting, so I keep reading post about people saying there will be food trucks but I can't seem to find out when and where they are located. Could someone please help me with this. thank you 

Normal
Small
Posted by san_fan_49

There are a few different spots that the trucks will be at. The schedule of who will be where and when won't be available until a lot closer to the con.

I don't remember the exact street they are on, but it is right outside the convention across the street....I believe it is Capitol and Georgia where the one spot is. I do not recall the other.

Normal
Small
Posted by jedikitty

The food trucks are along both Capitol Ave and Georgia St, right outside the convention center. And then there will be food trucks outside Lucas Oil Stadium along South St.

You can't miss them! :)

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

Walk outside the doors near the dealer hall and you will see a lot of them...just like the above posters said.  Lots of variety of trucks as well.

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

Crudely drawn, I admit, but the arrows point out where the food trucks were last year in relation to the ICC and Lucas Oil Stadium. Top of the map is north. So the trucks are directly east and south of the ICC. 

As far as when: I think they'll be there from before lunch into the early evening, but I'll defer to someone else with more knowledge. I'll put it this way: During the day, I simply don't recall a time when they weren't out there. And that held true through at least early evening (I don't recall ever looking for any of them at night, so I couldn't tell you if they were still there or not). 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Here is last year's schedule.

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

Aha! Found last year's schedule. It says the trucks were there late, till 11PM.

https://naptownfoodtrucks.com/gen-con-50-food-truck-schedule-aug-16-20-2017/

Keep in mind this was last year's schedule. But it gives you an idea. 

EDITED: Aw, dammit, austicke beat me to it. :-S

Normal
Small
Posted by desiree.goyette

Thank you all for helping me

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

The schedule only goes until 11pm, but many trucks were there even later.

Normal
Small
Posted by ladyimm

As long as Island Noodles and Hot Box Pizza is there again, I shall be content! :)

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust ladyimm

ladyimm wrote:
As long as Island Noodles and Hot Box Pizza is there again, I shall be content! :)

Is Hot Box any good? I must have walked by their cart a dozen times over the years, but I've never had one.

Normal
Small
Posted by cman811 father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:
ladyimm wrote:

Is Hot Box any good? I must have walked by their cart a dozen times over the years, but I've never had one.

Personally I don't find Hot Box to be anything special.  That being said it's pretty hard to screw up a pizza, so it's still good.  It's not something to go out of the way for but if you're craving a pizza you could do worse. 

Normal
Small
Posted by jedikitty father bloodlust

Normal
Small
Posted by jedikitty jedikitty

jedikitty wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:Is Hot Box any good? I must have walked by their cart a dozen times over the years, but I've never had one.

It's probably not going to top your list of best pizza EVER, but I've always enjoyed it! I have a slice every year, at least once. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by lilyjade father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:
ladyimm wrote:

It is basic, generic slices of pizza. I am personally not a huge fan, especially since there are so MANY options when it comes to food between the food trucks and other local restaurants. There is simply no reason to go with mediocre pizza.

Normal
Small
Posted by ploveking

Agree with LadyJade. Why go for boring pizza when there are so many choices. Good pizza, sure, good pizza is good pizza, but hot box was slightly better than convention center pizza and no better. Life is too short for boring.

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

The only thing that annoys me about Hot Box Pizza is that they prevent other food trucks from selling pizza. :(

Normal
Small
Posted by traveller

Yea, there was a great truck, Brozinni Pizzeria that had these garlic knuckles but because of the restriction on pizza won't come back any more.

Bummer.

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

Garlic knuckles.... mmmm

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

Not trying to be combative, just genuinely curious: I keep hearing that because of Hot Box there is some ban on other pizza being sold, but it's always on the level of rumor. Obviously if it exists it doesn't affect the convention center pizza. Is there actual contract language between Gen Con and the food trucks to this effect?

It's entirely possible for rumors about rules to become de facto rules. In my area, many stores won't let you buy alcohol without putting it in a bag, believing it's illegal to carry alcohol around outside of a bag. Even police who grew up in the area will try to enforce this "law" - but there is a problem. There is no such law. It's just something that a lot of people mistakenly think is a rule.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post