Looking to Trade Rooms within Downtown- Double/Double for King
Normal
Small
Posted by shortred20

I have a Double/Double at the Sheraton City Centre 8/1-8/5. Looking to trade for a King room anywhere downtown. It's just 2 of us so figured I'd see if anyone who had more people would prefer the extra bed over floor space. Ping me if interested. 

Normal
Small
Posted by eden.rose

I don't have one but last year my fiance and I were in the same situation. We just asked if we could get a king at check in and the hotel was able to. I just wanted to let you know because trading is tricky this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

Can rooms be traded within the block?

Normal
Small
Posted by shortred20

We've been able to in previous years. Has that changed? 

Normal
Small
Posted by burrfoot72

It has.  Per the Housing Terms of Service - 

• 10.Room Assignment Management. Room assignments are unique and personal to the Gen Con account holder who purchased the badge and requested the assignment. Room assignments cannot be transferred, traded, or otherwise re-assigned among Gen Con accounts, and room assignments connected to one Gen Con account will remain associated with the account until housing registration closes or the room assignment is cancelled.

Normal
Small
Posted by shortred20

Alrighty then. That stinks. Thank you!

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

That policy only applies while GenCon holds the reservation.

Nothing will stop you from trading after the reservation has been sent to the hotels and they have the reservation under your name.

Normal
Small
Posted by shortred20

Ah I see. Thank you for clarifying :) 

Normal
Small
Posted by malcore1976

I may consider your offer after the housing block closes

Normal
Small
Posted by tinatheboardgamer shortred20

shortred20 wrote:
I have a Double/Double at the Sheraton City Centre 8/1-8/5. Looking to trade for a King room anywhere downtown. It's just 2 of us so figured I'd see if anyone who had more people would prefer the extra bed over floor space. Ping me if interested. 
I have a King in Sheraton for those dates - perhaps we can trade after housing closes :)

Normal
Small
Posted by shortred20

I was able to snag a King at Columbia Club. Thank you for the offers, everyone!

Normal
Small
Posted by jedijawa74

I may be in this same situation where I would prefer to stay in a Marriott property. We have a 3 bed suite at the Hilton and may not need the third bed. We will know in the next couple of weeks. If anyone is interested in trading after the rooms are released let me know. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.