Small
Posted by sindee mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Need a parking spot?
Take advantage of these options.
Convention Center Parking
Or you can find parking under "Find Events"
Gate 10 Parking
We used Gate 10 parking last year, it was excellent! We purchased it again this year!!

Normal
Small
Posted by d-detrick

Staying at a the Westin for the convention. Just need somewhere to park my car until I leave. Is it better to try to reserve a garage downtown or would it be better to go with the gate 10 parking? 

Normal
Small
Posted by brewski

Just park at the Westin. 
A little expensive but your vehicle is right there at the hotel.

Normal
Small
Posted by phitau27

I'm hearing that some of the hotels, while they have parking, their parking is actually managed through a 3rd party. So if you haven't booked parking by now, we may be SOL. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

If you have a room at the hotel, you can park there. It is only if you are not a hotel guest that parking gets odd

Normal
Small
Posted by bobvilla

If your staying at the Westin, I am as well, don't use their parking unless you have to its 40 bucks a day. When I stay I park at the Mall parking lot connected to the convention center. You can literally walk off the 3rd floor of that parking garage into the convention center and down the hallway in front of the Sagamore ballroom and into the Westin. Its only 22 bucks a day and very nearly as close as the Westins official parking lot.

Normal
Small
Posted by melkor

I parked for the week at a garage, kitty corner and across Pennsylvania from Scottie's.(a few doors down)  $14 a day as I recall. They had no problem with long term stays. Some downtown garages don't have a problem with that. Beats paying Homewood's $30ish a day. Or Westin's $40, yikes!

Normal
Small
Posted by d-detrick

Saw that you could reserve a space on some sites, but the ones closest to the hotel had were not taking any more reservations. Will look into some of these other options. Going to get there on Wednesday, so hopefully something will be open.

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner bobvilla

bobvilla wrote:
If your staying at the Westin, I am as well, don't use their parking unless you have to its 40 bucks a day. When I stay I park at the Mall parking lot connected to the convention center. You can literally walk off the 3rd floor of that parking garage into the convention center and down the hallway in front of the Sagamore ballroom and into the Westin. Its only 22 bucks a day and very nearly as close as the Westins official parking lot.
can you park there on Wednesday and leave your car there until Sunday? 

Normal
Small
Posted by nanooc sindee

sindee wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
Need a parking spot?
Take advantage of these options.
Convention Center Parking
Or you can find parking under "Find Events"
Gate 10 Parking
We used Gate 10 parking last year, it was excellent! We purchased it again this year!!
So question for clarity: Wasn't there parking available, first come first serve, at the actual Stadium lot just north/across the street from the Gate 10 lot. Buddy of mine swears by it and never had a problem with getting it. Same price as Gate 10, less walk, just arrive a little earlier to assure a spot.
Anyone have experience to share there?

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

If it’s the same price, why risk it?  You show up, it’s full, then what? You scramble to find parking and now have to take whatever you can get, possibly at a much higher price.

I’ll stick with a shuttle and guaranteed 24-hour access for $15/day.

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

Can't I park free miles away and come in public transit? If so. where?

Normal
Small
Posted by chriscarbone222

Anyone know of parking this available near the Con?

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

All the Gate 10 parking "Event" tickets are sold out, but last year I gave them a call less than 2 weeks before, and they were able to squeeze me in at one of their lots.  There are a bunch of other lots downtown near the ICC, but I don't know their prices or availability; check back in this thread for some ideas.

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

As a visitor from out of town for the 1st time, I have no idea where to park with reasonable prices.. Seems the main one Gate 10 is sold out. Can someone give me some ideas? I will be in on Tuesday or Wednesday to check around.

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

Finally did it! I got parking outdoors near the ICC using the links provided here thanks! Seems Sunday attendance is the lowest of the 4 days thus lots of lots still open.

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

Test

Normal
Small
Posted by robbymac

I've parked at the denison garage (just east of the ICC) and they charge around 24$ a day (give or take). hotels charge more. wed/thurs/fri parking is a little more difficult to find because of people working throughout the week. Anyone coming in on the weekend should have little issue finding parking, because many garage levels are freed up on the weekends.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.