Average Uber Costs Outside of Downtown?
Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx

I decided yesterday that I was going to do Gencon this year after all and on my own if I have to.  Snagged a hotel about 6 miles away on the northern end of Indy.  I've never gone to the con and not somehow managed to score a downtown room since it's been in Indy so travel to downtown will be pretty new to me.  Anybody have a ballpark estimate what Uber/Lyft trips would cost?

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

If I remember correctly, someone last year said it was around $20 each way.

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx

Thanks for the info!

Normal
Small
Posted by aaronr

I've gone to and from the JW to a suburb farther away than what you are talking about and the rides cost me $15 and $20. The $15 was Tuesday evening and the $20 was during check out on Monday.

Normal
Small
Posted by gamerlaura

Uber to/from the airport area the last couple years has been ballpark $11 (before tip).  Cabs will run closer to $20.

Normal
Small
Posted by taamvan

gate 10 for $62 and the convenience of your own car as a storage space n timing for a crew of 5, unless you flew

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx taamvan

taamvan wrote:
gate 10 for $62 and the convenience of your own car as a storage space n timing for a crew of 5, unless you flew
Is that $62 a day or for the whole con?  If so, that's a massive deal.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot xmidnightxeyesx

That's for the whole convention. Starts 8 am on Thursday until 6 pm on Sunday. 

Normal
Small
Posted by mikehilly

You don't quite get the same 'door to door' experience but the cost savings is huge.  And having your car fairly close to use as storage is often very handy.  The shuttles run frequently and even walking isn't too bad depending on where you are in the ICC.  

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama

Last year my one way fare was about $14-$17(Lyft)....except for Saturday night I didn't leave downtown until around 1:00 AM. Lyft wanted fraking  $57 due to surge pricing I had to swallow my morals and re install Uber. It was only $21

New Post Sign in to write a new post.