Transferring a room.
Normal
Small
Posted by colt1911

In years past I was able to transfer a hotel reservation with GenCon housing to another attendee.  Is this no longer an option?

Normal
Small
Posted by burrfoot72

It is not an option anymore starting this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by colt1911

Thank you for the information.
Can the room be transferred once the room has been handed over to the hotel? Or is my only option to eat the one night stay cost?

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot colt1911

colt1911 wrote:
Can the room be transferred once the room has been handed over to the hotel? Or is my only option to eat the one night stay cost?
I believe you can transfer it once the reservation is with the hotel, but you will have the one-night cost automatically charged. If you're able to transfer it to someone else, you can probably work out with them on how to pay the one-night fees as well. 

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:
colt1911 wrote:
I believe you can transfer it once the reservation is with the hotel, but you will have the one-night cost automatically charged. If you're able to transfer it to someone else, you can probably work out with them on how to pay the one-night fees as well. 
The one night charge thing is on a hotel-by-hotel basis.  I have not had a hotel charge me for the one room night until I arrived.  I assume that if I didn't show up, I would get charged for one night.  This is a common practice called a "no-show charge".

After the room is transferred to the hotel, it is up to the hotel to determine what they will do.  I don't see a hotel telling a person with a reservation that they can't transfer the room to a different person.  If they did, just add the new person's name to the reservation and have that person replace the credit card information.

Having worked in hotels before, it is not a difficult process.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.