No more hotel changes?
Normal
Small
Posted by acedaryl

I've hopped through a couple hotels in the housing block, but I got fortunate and managed to land a downtown in block room. Previously, I could just hit the "Modify" button and search the available hotel list. However, with my current room, that option is gone. I just get a "?" button that says to change hotels, I must cancel my current booking.

What's up with that? Is there a way to keep checking the list? I want to keep my eyes open in case a two bed opens up.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

It seems like some of the hotels have downloaded (or however they get it) their room information.  If they've done so, the reservations would then be locked, and you'd have to cancel.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Apparently the Crowne Plaza transferred reservations early. I wonder if they're the only one. What hotel are you at?

Normal
Small
Posted by acedaryl

I just gave them a call and you are correct. The reservation has been transferred. Not sure why it's before July 17th, but I'm confident I have a spot now.

Edit: My room is at Crown Plaza Union Station.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Yeah; I had a similar situation just a little bit ago, but was hoping to "hop" into a 2 bedroom area - I had grabbed a crowne plaza union room and then was locked out from seeing available/open rooms. I did post here and on the FB about the situation - Q-rooms is aware about it and are not sure why Crown Plaza Union Station decided to dl their list early, but it locks folks out of seeing the rest of the availability. They manually had to reserve a hotel room when it popped up (and call me since I couldn't see much) and said anything at the Crowne Plaza is locked in. 

If anyone has to make a transfer or change, they will have to call Q-Rooms. They waived the fee associated with my early cancellation/switch because of the issue (and were kind enough to call me when a 2 bedroom popped up).

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx

I was wondering why I couldn't look at what was available after switching to Crowne.  Whoever I was dealing with at Q-Rooms via email was not very helpful at all and didn't mention it was an issue with Crowne getting the list early.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot xmidnightxeyesx

xmidnightxeyesx wrote:
I was wondering why I couldn't look at what was available after switching to Crowne.  Whoever I was dealing with at Q-Rooms via email was not very helpful at all and didn't mention it was an issue with Crowne getting the list early.
The person I spoke with today (Rita; she is amazing and if there's some way to give these people great feedback so they're recognized, please let me do so) said that it was an issue that they only found out about today. I had noticed it last night - posted to FB and after austicke had me call in to speak with them, it seems as though she had just found or been notified of the issue. 

The way she worded it suggested this was some sort of error on the hotel's part and not Q-rooms; she was incredibly apologetic about the whole thing.

Normal
Small
Posted by gib_rebeg

Better not be a problem with the booking system. Just snagged a DT room a couple hours ago. Says I have a room, but if they have gone through to the hotels already, that could cause an issue.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.