First time
Normal
Small
Posted by vhazzard

We decided last minute (yesterday) to go down to Gen con for Saturday. I bought Saturday Badges and Gate 10 Parking but it's all at will call. We were going to book a hotel on Hotwire for Saturday night. Should we use the housing thing instead? Will I be able to drop my husband off at the convention center so that he can grab the parking pass so that we can park? 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

The Gen Con housing portal closes in a few days, so you better act quickly if you'd like to use it.

Two caveats though:

• Downtown hotels require a three night minimum stay.
  • Close hotels are hard to come by.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Gate 10 offers a solution for will-call parking.  You can park there for up to 2 or 3 hours, get your pass, then come back.  If you have two people, might be able to avoid the back-and-forth, but will-call line time can vary, and you'll have to circle or something while you wait for him to get the parking pass.

Normal
Small
Posted by vhazzard austicke

dkrantz152 wrote:
Gate 10 offers a solution for will-call parking.  You can park there for up to 2 or 3 hours, get your pass, then come back.  If you have two people, might be able to avoid the back-and-forth, but will-call line time can vary, and you'll have to circle or something while you wait for him to get the parking pass.
That helps! Thanks!
austicke wrote:
The Gen Con housing portal closes in a few days, so you better act quickly if you'd like to use it.
Two caveats though:

• Downtown hotels require a three night minimum stay.
  • Close hotels are hard to come by.

We don't mind staying at a hotel further out since we're just doing the one day. I'm just wondering if the housing portal would be more reliable than using Hotwire. I worry that the hotel would bump our reservation or something. 

Normal
Small
Posted by aegoce

You shouldn't have problems at hotels 10+ miles out from the convention center.  Gencon is more than large enough to fill the downtown hotels, but nowhere near large enough to cause capacity problems throughout the region.

Normal
Small
Posted by ahirabandylegs

I have a room I'm looking to offload. It's 6 miles from the convention center (but that may be the best you get)...

PM me.

Normal
Small
Posted by ahirabandylegs

New Post Sign in to write a new post.