Reservation info to Hotels
Normal
Small
Posted by cbudoris

I tried confirming my hotel registration with the JW today, and they said they hadn't received the reservation yet. 

Did anyone else try with the JW? 

Does anyone know when approximately the hotels should have the info?

The Q-rooms sent us an acknowledgement number, but that's not the confirmation/registration number for the hotel.  Is there any way to get that?

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Transfers start today. It could take up to a few days.

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner

I’m at the JW as well, so if I find anything out I’ll update here

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx

I believe you'll get an email from the hotel chain once they officially have the reservation.  I have confirmations from prior years from the hotels in my email usually within a day or two after registration closes.

Normal
Small
Posted by cbudoris shadowsummoner

shadowsummoner wrote:
*like*

Normal
Small
Posted by glory

I'm at the JW too and haven't heard anything yet. If anyone hears anything post here!

Normal
Small
Posted by k_dog64

My JW Marriott Reservation is showing up in my Marriott Rewards account.  I haven't seen any e-mails or anything yet confirming, but a confirmation number and everything shows up in my account.

Normal
Small
Posted by glory

I just called the JW - they couldn't help me. They had no way to look up a reservation by name and they said they don't know if they reservations were transferred over yet. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

It seems to take a few days - I'd likely only be worried if you haven't heard anything by the end of the week. I'm anxious to have everything transferred over, but it's probably best to give them some time to get things sorted and *then* worry about what to do if I haven't heard anything... say by Saturday.

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks

I wouldn't worry even by Saturday. Last year I stayed at an out-of-block hotel, but I checked my emails from Gen Con 2016 and I received a confirmation from my in-block hotel literally 4 days before my check in date. We're still 2 weeks away from the convention.

Plus k_dog64 is showing their reservation on their Marriott Rewards account and I'm showing my upcoming stay at the Westin on my Starwood Rewards account. It looks like everything is making its way to the hotels, but I would not be surprised if no confirmation emails are sent out until very late next week at the earliest. I know there was a lot of understandable confusion with the housing block being shut down, restarted, and so forth ahead of schedule, but I wouldn't worry about confirmation emails for another week or so at least. Unfortunately it seems like it just takes some time for the hotels to process everything through their systems. 

Normal
Small
Posted by stevespikes

I have yet to receive an email regarding my hotel.  But that doesn't concern me at the moment. 
I've gotten into a habit of calling the hotel to "finalize" my reservation a week, or so before the con since I require an ADA-accessible room for me, and my friend, who is coming with me. 

Normal
Small
Posted by cman811

The Hyatt Regency charged my card today, I'll call later just in case but it seems like they've gotten their reservations in 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

I too just got an authorization from Hyatt Regency on my card. 

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx

I have a pending auth from Crowne Plaza on mine.

Normal
Small
Posted by faxboy66

Pending charge posted today from the Hyatt.

Normal
Small
Posted by stevespikes

Pending charge posted from The Westin today.

I'll still call The Westin next week to finalize my reservation.

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner

Pending charge just showed up for the JW, still no email.

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner cbudoris

cbudoris wrote:
shadowsummoner wrote:
*like*
just got pending charge for JW

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Hyatt Regency gave us our Pending Charge. Feeling Good.

Normal
Small
Posted by jimmythesaint

Our charge for Embassy Suites showed up this morning, as well.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post