Reservation info to Hotels
Normal
Small
Posted by glory shadowsummoner

shadowsummoner wrote:
Pending charge just showed up for the JW, still no email.
I don't think they are going to send an e-mail. 

I called over there after we got our pending charge last night and they were not able to find me in the system. Called Q-Rooms and beautiful Rita was not only able to find me in the system but was able to find my JW confirmation number!

I know that confirmation number is good because I was able to use that number on my Marriott rewards card to look up the reservation and make sure everything was sorted.

Bottom line, you may not get an e-mail from the JW Marriott confirming your reservation, but if you were charged then you are probably fine. 

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner glory

glory wrote:
shadowsummoner wrote:
Pending charge just showed up for the JW, still no email.
I don't think they are going to send an e-mail. I called over there after we got our pending charge last night and they were not able to find me in the system. Called Q-Rooms and beautiful Rita was not only able to find me in the system but was able to find my JW confirmation number!
I know that confirmation number is good because I was able to use that number on my Marriott rewards card to look up the reservation and make sure everything was sorted.
Bottom line, you may not get an e-mail from the JW Marriott confirming your reservation, but if you were charged then you are probably fine. 
okay thanks. I figured it was good since I had the charge, I was just letting everyone know. Shoutout to Rita, she’s the one that got my Carmel hotel switched to the JW.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

I ended up calling Hyatt to check - our reservation is in their automated system, even if I haven't gotten an email. Someone earlier on these forums said that sometimes they only send them out a week prior, so I feel pretty safe with out reservation even without a confirmation email.

Normal
Small
Posted by kevinrg

Checked with the Hilton, we are in the system just nothing via email.

Normal
Small
Posted by cptmusket

Here's a good tip:

Sign up for each hotel chain's reward cards.  They are free.  When you reserve your room in January/February, put in the rewards number during checkout.  When the hotels are transferred over in July your reservation will appear in your account on the chain's website.  No need to call, and you can see the days and that everything is set up!

Bonus Tip!  A lot of hotel chains will give you your WiFi for Free if you are a member of their rewards program.  The Marriott chain and Hilton chains are the biggest example I can think of.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

The Hampton Inn Northwest sent a confirmation email.  They haven't charged my CC yet, and they are actually offering the chance to cancel all the way up until Aug 1 without penalty.

Normal
Small
Posted by stevespikes cptmusket

cptmusket wrote:
Here's a good tip:
Bonus Tip!  A lot of hotel chains will give you your WiFi for Free if you are a member of their rewards program.  The Marriott chain and Hilton chains are the biggest example I can think of.
What about Starwood Hotels (of which The Westin is a part of), since they merged with Marriott Hotels a couple years ago?

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke stevespikes

Mistake post.

Normal
Small
Posted by glory stevespikes

stevespikes wrote:
cptmusket wrote:
Here's a good tip:
What about Starwood Hotels (of which The Westin is a part of), since they merged with Marriott Hotels a couple years ago?
Yes, Starwoods hotels offer free wifi to members. I can't remember the last time I had to pay for wifi at a hotel. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.