Downtown Marriott open gaming?
Normal
Small
Posted by jasper8282

My group has always stayed at the Hyatt for GenCon.  However this year it booked up before any of our time slots came up, so we went with the Downtown Marriott.  We LOVE the Hyatt because of all of the opening gaming space they have there.  Is there any open gaming space at the Downtown Marriott?  I tried googling and manually checking the forums and it seems like the only two I can find where people talk about the open gaming is the JW Marriott and the Hyatt.

Can anyone with experience at this hotel shed some light for our group?  I'm hoping we don't have to lug our games to another hotel to play.

Normal
Small
Posted by rayken

You can walk to the Hyatt via skywalk though. I think it takes a few minutes but you know, not much difference lugging the games to the lobby vs that lobby.

Normal
Small
Posted by mhayward1978

In the Downtown Marriott there are some places on the South side of the building on the second floor on the way to the skybridge to the convention center (2nd) where there are often a few tables and chairs set up.

Ground floor there are some nooks and crannies by the check in area, and a restaurant or two where you could set up camp probably.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

You're literally a short skywalk away from the JW's open gaming space. It shouldn't take you even 5 minutes to get there from the regular Marriott.  

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by aj_27

Jasper, there are couches and a large wood table on the second floor between the skyway to the parking and the gaming HQ. But I agree with Marian, it might be best to check out JW Marriott. You might even find a few other people looking to play! Good Gaming! 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.