Partnering with Lyft/Questions
Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find the information. 

Does anyone know what the Gencon rate/discount/fare special will be with, for Lyft during the convention? My husband and I will be attending the Hello from the Magic Tavern event Saturday night and I was trying to find out and/or estimate cost for that evening. The standard rate on their website (discounting any surcharges) seems to be about $10-12 but I was trying to find any additional information if possible. 

Or, is there no special fare and there will simply be additional lyft drivers/cars on hand? Also, what area would one go to at the convention center for such a thing? 

Thank you!

Normal
Small
Posted by rayken

I have personally never heard of special rates.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot rayken

rayken wrote:
I have personally never heard of special rates.
I had seen at least on FB passing mention of a special "gencon" Lyft rate. 

Edit: https://www.gencon.com/press/lyftpartnership2018

Lyft also will offer exclusive promo codes for Gen Con attendees in Indianapolis, offering reduced rates on fares for new and existing users while supplies last.

Do we know where the dedicated drop off/pick up area is going to be? 

Normal
Small
Posted by cinderember

I too am eagerly awaiting these codes. I too saw the announcement and was happy. Please, whomever knows, let us know!

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

I'm told the specifics of this will be announced shortly.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

I look forward to hearing about this! Trying to plan stuff out, so any updates would be appreciated!

Normal
Small
Posted by unwyrden

Has anyone heard any news about the Lyft rates yet? I fly out tomorrow and don't know anything for sure.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

They just sent this out via email update: DRAGONFLIGHT gives you $5 off your first ride, and EPICYEAR gives you 15% off two rides if you're already a Lyft member.

I have to say, it's nice that they're giving a discount and that'll be enough for my husband and I's round trip, but for folks relying on this for four days that seems... not so much.

Normal
Small
Posted by burrfoot72 saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:
They just sent this out via email update: DRAGONFLIGHT gives you $5 off your first ride, and EPICYEAR gives you 15% off two rides if you're already a Lyft member.
I have to say, it's nice that they're giving a discount and that'll be enough for my husband and I's round trip, but for folks relying on this for four days that seems... not so much.
As my mother always says "It beats a stick in the eye"

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot burrfoot72

burrfoot72 wrote:As my mother always says "It beats a stick in the eye"
I agree... I just feel bad for those who were hoping for something a bit more... long-term or fruitful. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Codes do not work. 

Normal
Small
Posted by dkrantz152

Where do you enter the code? I can't find the place for it.

ETA: I found it. Got Network Errors trying to enter it, but when I went back into the app, code had been applied.  This was the EPICYEAR code.

Normal
Small
Posted by mixmaster

EPICYEAR did not work either; it said that the code was not in my area.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.