Specific food truck recommendations?
Normal
Small
Posted by mrshamrock

Any food trucks you remem er the name of from years past that you would recommend? Most of our food choices are already hammered out, but im sure we will try a couple of the trucks. Looking for out of the ordinary or surprisingly delicious 

Normal
Small
Posted by hotrogue76

Da Blu lagoon is AMAZING. Edwards Drive In (Dashboard Diner), Johnson BBQ(I think), Nacho Mama's is good and not expensive, GiGi's cupcakes, Tacos without borders, Pierogi Love Indy, Pi Indy always has a good line, Box Burger is not too bad, The Flying Cupcake is good, Las Tortugas 

Avoid: Rosie's Riblets, Rolling Asian Delight. I have had bad experiences with taste, flavor and how the food is cooked at these 2 trucks.

I am an Indy person and I work downtown, we have the trucks weekly.

Normal
Small
Posted by klaron

We love Dhaba Indy.  If you like Indian food, you should try them out!  Thankfully this year they are going to have multiple time slots of availability!

Normal
Small
Posted by robbymac

I see that Union Jacks has a food truck now. UJ's has some really good pizza/bar & grill food, so I will be testing the food truck out at gencon this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by amaynor

Three words: Der Pretzel Wagen.

Normal
Small
Posted by ladyimm

I loooove Island Noodles (okay, they have a tent and not a truck but anyway)... I am dreaming of Island Noodles... gimme!

Normal
Small
Posted by hotrogue76 amaynor

amaynor wrote:
Three words: Der Pretzel Wagen.
I second this one!!

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

Any warnings of trucks that weren't good?

Normal
Small
Posted by ulrichvonbeck

Avoid: Rosie's Riblets, Rolling Asian Delight.

I wish I had seen this before the con.  I got lunch at Rolling Asian Delight on Thursday, and it was supposed to be teriyaki chicken, but it tasted like someone had diced up a chicken breast, dipped a q-tip in teriyaki sauce, and then dabbed it on the chicken.  It wasn't gross or undercooked, but pretty close to flavorless.

I've had excellent chicken and fish at Ooooweee Chicken and agree that Dhaba Indy is also good.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.