Hotel Deposit Declined...Hotel knows nothing about it
Normal
Small
Posted by daveculp

So my card I had on file was declined for some reason.  I received the email below:

=========================================Dear Gen Con attendee, In accordance with Gen Con housing policy, we have attempted to charge a non-refundable deposit in the amount of one night room charge plus tax to the credit card on file to secure the booking. Unfortunately, the credit card on file has declined. Please contact your assigned hotel by Thursday, 7/26, at 5pm EST, to secure your reservation. Hotel contact information has been noted below. Courtyard           317.822.9029Springhill            317.972.7293Fairfield               317.636.7678 If a successful deposit is not obtained by 5pm EST on Thursday, the reservation will be cancelled.  Thank you in advance for your attention. Marriott IndyPlace=10.0ptMarriott IndyPlace: Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inn and Suites=10.0pt601 W. Washington Street | Indianapolis, IN 46204 ========================================================

So I called the Fairfield to take care of it and they knew absolutely nothing about the situation and couldnt even find a record of my reservation.  This of course has me extremely nervous. 

Anyplace else to turn for help with this???

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks

You might try calling Q-rooms and see if they can help you sort it out:

(317-688-1323)

Normal
Small
Posted by rayken

JW Marriott did the same thing. You just have to put a new card on file.

The hotel has to have your reservation if they tried to charge your card. Just respond to that email and say you want to fill out the Sertifi.

Normal
Small
Posted by mrshamrock

Rayken is totally right on this one. That exact thing happened to my wife and I at the JW Marriott last year. Just address it as rayken said quickly, but take deep breaths and it will be ok. ;) we freaked out at the ti e, but was fixed in 1 day.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.