Crowdfunded Gen Con Travel
Normal
Small
Posted by breye

It seems that a fair number of people travel from Chicago to Indy for Gen Con.
Obviously its a bit late to be thinking about this for 2018, but I was wondering what sort of interest in crowdfunding a charter bus is out there?

Normal
Small
Posted by jbship628

Things to think about with bus chartering.  If you want the bus to stay there, you are then paying for a driver to hang for 4 days including his hotel.  I suppose with Indy and Chicago being relatively close that you could just tell the driver to go back to Chicago and pick you up Sunday, but you'd be charged for that gas too.

It seems there is an Amtrak line between Indy and Chicago, I wonder if they do group rates.  (I have no idea)  

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

Megabus!

https://us.megabus.com/

I mean no, it's not a charter, so it wouldn't be dedicated to a Gen Con group. But at the same time, chartering for when there's already a commercial bus line doing the Chicago to Indy run seems to be reinventing the wheel a bit.

That said, chartering allows you a flexibility that's not available with Megabus, or Greyhound, or whatever. It's dedicated to the group hiring, so that's an advantage. I guess it'd come down to whether the benefits justified the costs. 

Maybe chartering is something that can be floated for the future. If people want it, then by all means they should go for it. 

Normal
Small
Posted by dkrantz152

If you do it, two one-way charters are bound to be cheaper unless you can fin a Gen Conner with a bus/RV.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.