Quest Complete! No longer seeking a roommate.
Didn't get accepted as a VIG this year?
Tired of getting hosed by the Housing Lottery?
Worried you'll end up sleeping on the floor or in the bathtub like last year?
Do you want a comfortable, clean, convenient, and safe hotel experience, and not have to pay a bajillion bucks a night for it?
Then worry not! Have I got the deal for you!
I have a Deluxe Queen / Queen hotel room (yes that's TWO queen beds!!) at the Country Inn & Suites Airport Hotel from Wednesday Aug 1 through Sunday Aug 5. It's 8 miles out, and I'm looking for another roommate! My other friends balked last minute because they're fickle like that, so I'm passing the savings onto you!
- Someone to share my room with who is at any intersection of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious inclination. I respect all sorts of people from all walks of life, and I hope I can room with someone who shares similar inclusion values.
- Someone who won't turn the room into THE party room. I like parties, and I'll probably have a drink or three in the room sure, but our hotel room is not for 4AM partying, please.
- Someone who is generally a normal, decent(ish) human being, that will try to be considerate of others, won't swipe someone's stuff, won't trash the room, won't use my toothbrush, etc.
- Someone who will stay at least Thursday - Sunday (3 Nights).
- I'm OK with couples; just don't do night time activities, otherwise it'll get weird.
Deets on the room:
- The rate is 118/night before taxes. Looking to split fairly.
- Complimentary hot breakfast. Heck yeah.
- Free parking. Double heck yeah.
- I have Gate10 parking I'm driving to/from the Con every day. I have a big car, it can hold a lot of swag, and yes, you can totally carpool with me. Triple heck yeah.
- Free high-speed internet! Wow!
- An indoor pool you'll never use! Tubular!
- The entire hotel is non-smoking. No vaping or hookah in the hotel room, please.
- I am an early 30's non-smoking male.
- I consider myself easygoing and relatively mindful of others.
- I enjoy roleplaying games such as D&D and I'm always down to check out new RPGs. I'm a vet DM to boot.
- I like playing boardgames; some of my favorites being Lords of Waterdeep, Scythe, Heart of Crown, 7 Wonders.
- I like playing MTG but that's not my focus for Gen Con this year. But if you play EDH I can be talked into bringing a deck. :)
- This is not my first GenCon, so I am a wealth of information and tips!
- I'm kind of a foodie! I know a lot of really incredible and awesome restaurants in Indianapolis that won't break the bank. You will eat really well, if your budget allows. Dinners primarily, under $20 per meal before any drinks.
How to reach me: I'm not on the forums frequent enough to respond timely, so emailing me would be the fastest way to reach me. rexclee at gmail.