[OfferingToShareRoom] Private room in huge house
Normal
Small
Posted by ironmatt

Are you looking for an epic room, to make this year's trip even more memorable?

We rent mansions for Gen Con, and this year we have an unexpected opening, maybe 2. A private room with a Queen bed, in a 9000sq ft house, with a pool, about 10-15 minutes from the ICC. Its big, beautiful, and amazing... when you're not at the Con, you can just hang out and be a (geeky)baller. 

Who are we? A collection of friends that have been coming to Gen Con since 1988. Old enough that we have some late-teen kids who come along (just a couple of them) but most of us are in the 35-50 range. Everyone is gainfully employed, familiar with proper hygiene, avid gamers, and going to Indy to have a great weekend. Several of us will have our gamer wives there as well. A low-drama, highly tolerant, well educated, and friendly gang. Most of us split our time 60/40, Con and House... this is our yearly getaway to catch up with old friends, as much as it is to see Gen Con. A few of these friends, we met this very same way - responding to an ad for an open room. Interested? Drop me a line. 

Other perks to consider? We're totally willing to ride-share, carpool, and occasionally just ferry people downtown in one of the cars. There will be a chef in the house, and if you happen to be around when he is - you will eat very well. If you want to contribute to the 'lunch fund', there will be bagged meals made each day. We also really like booze... not frat-boy style love - the kind of love that means we will be enjoying really expensive stuff, sharing with our friends while we tell stories and play games at the house. We have the rental on this place from Wednesday to Monday - so you can arrive with us a day before the Con and get settled... and then stay until the last toss of the dice on Sunday, without having to rush to get checked out of a hotel in the middle of the day. Private off-street parking for your car, and did I mention a pool? ;)

$600 for a room. No we won't split it for fewer nights. Don't care if there is 1 or 2 people in the bed, just don't make a ruckus. Questions? Ask!  -Matt

Normal
Small
Posted by magua

Message sent.

Normal
Small
Posted by jishosan

So where are you guys coming in from? I have need of more beds for two teens, so my hotel is fine, but wouldn't mind meeting what sounds like a group of cool people. 

Normal
Small
Posted by ironmatt

Coming from Detroit and Chicago areas, mostly.  Some of us are driving down Wednesday morning others Wednesday evening and a few people aren’t coming until Friday ... 

Normal
Small
Posted by jishosan

I'm driving in from Dallas myself. I enjoy the opportunity to be on the road with my kids. Coming in Wednesday. 

Normal
Small
Posted by the_drinks

My wife and I are very interested, can’t figure out how to send a direct message, but if you can, send me a message, I can reply in turn.

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Messaging can be accessed by putting your cursor on your name and ID on the right side of the menu bar at the top of the page and selecting "My Messages". You'll need to copy the name of the person you want to send to before going to "My Messages". 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop the_drinks

the_drinks wrote:
My wife and I are very interested, can’t figure out how to send a direct message, but if you can, send me a message, I can reply in turn.

There are no DMs on this forum.

Normal
Small
Posted by ironmatt

AS of now, I've filled all the rooms in the house... probably should have updated this, sorry!

the_drinks - I sent you a private message, take a look and get back to me if you'd like. 

Thx!

Normal
Small
Posted by the_drinks ironmatt

ironmatt wrote:
AS of now, I've filled all the rooms in the house... probably should have updated this, sorry!
the_drinks - I sent you a private message, take a look and get back to me if you'd like. 
Thx!
I replied via email. Sounds good

Normal
Small
Posted by nlgplayerone

I just booked my flight and I'm looking at options for where to stay. This setup sounds pretty sweet for this old 40-something DM from New Orleans. In case something happens to open up, let me know? Thanks! 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.