Should I get a Refund?
Normal
Small
Posted by nexustavern

So I impulsively (but very happily) bought my GenCon Weekend Badge and this would be my first time attending!  But now, the refund deadline is about to come up tomorrow and my problem is that I'm unable to afford a room in the area for the weekend.   

Would anyone have a spot with an extra couch or where I could pitch a sleeping bag?  I'm willing to GM/DM some games and buy some drinks!   

Thanks in advance.  I'm a Writer/GM and REALLY want to go for my 1st year!   

Normal
Small
Posted by vriah

If you're willing to split costs for the nights you're staying (split evenly, it would be $66 per night), I've got room. I'm staying at an airport hotel, and planning to Lyft and/or carpool to the convention center.

If you're interested, emailing me at warverasim [at] gmail [dot] com is the best way to contact me.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Can you arrange it that you arrive early Saturday so you just need to stay one night?  You might be able to get someone to split a room, so figure maybe $100 for the stay, food, and travel.  A bit more if you want to do some events, although there are enough free or very cheap ($2-$6) events to keep you busy Saturday night.  Also, you might want to buy stuff at the con; most of the vendors have some deals going.

I'd never discourage someone from attending, but if you're going to break your bank doing so, you're better off getting a refund, and saving for next year so you can attend without worrying about the costs.

Normal
Small
Posted by rozialee

I am not sure if you are still looking for a room, if so my husband and I have a queen size bed available. It is at Red Roof Inn Inndiapolis South. We are staying August 1-6. For the 5 night stay it is $590. 
So for 3 people it is $196 per person.
The hotel is 8 miles from the convention center, but I bought a parking pass to a parking lot with a shuttle service. If you are interested, you can email me. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.