[looking to share a room] Marriott downtown (connected by skywalk)
Normal
Small
Posted by mllungfish

im a 30 something female gamer/DM lookin for up to 3 roomies.

I have a Marriott (skywalk to the ICC) 
with 2 double beds for Wednesday-Sunday...
(But I can add Sunday night as well if everyone is interested, and price will reflect the extra night.)

here's the current breakdown of pricing:
-$1,027 w/ 2 occupants
-$685 w/ 3 occupants
-$513 w/ 4 occupants

The total cost of the room was $2,055, so I'm not trying to "make" any money here! 

*I also have an unlimited hotspot I'll share with you, as well as food, gaming supplies (dice/paper/etc.) and anything else I might have. I basically am a walking convenience store! 

​​​​​​

Normal
Small
Posted by bohner68

I am a 40 something male, I don't know if that would be weird, but I need a place to stay and this would be ideal. Let me know if you still have room. Please email me at bohner68 at yahoo dot com.

Normal
Small
Posted by talulaa

Any spaces still available?  I am in the process of finding accommodations for 3 people.

Normal
Small
Posted by mllungfish

Hey sorry for the delayed response: I'm trying to ideally fill 3 spots but "Bohner68" did ask first. I'm pretty sure 5 people would be too much for the size of the room but if he's found other accommodations then that would work.

Normal
Small
Posted by mllungfish bohner68

bohner68 wrote:
I am a 40 something male, I don't know if that would be weird, but I need a place to stay and this would be ideal. Let me know if you still have room. Please email me at bohner68 at yahoo dot com.
Id be fine with the arrangement but I'd need to find another person (I can't really afford to split it just 2 ways as of now). Any ideas or people you know that are also looking? I just want to make sure I give first dibs to people in the order they answered!

Normal
Small
Posted by ang_adj

Are you full?

Normal
Small
Posted by mllungfish ang_adj

ang_adj wrote:
Are you full?
If I hear back from the first person, I have 2 spaces left. As it stands, I have 3 spots total. So I can get back to you asap to let you know. But with no confirmations yet I do have space. I'll keep you in the loop!

Normal
Small
Posted by talulaa mllungfish

Sorry I just responded.  We have been out of power at our house.  We actually need space for 4 people and 5 people for 2 days of the con.  Plus we can not afford that,  but thank you so much for your patience.  I misread the rates when I first posted. 

Normal
Small
Posted by ang_adj mllungfish

mllungfish wrote:
ang_adj wrote:
Are you full?
If I hear back from the first person, I have 2 spaces left. As it stands, I have 3 spots total. So I can get back to you asap to let you know. But with no confirmations yet I do have space. I'll keep you in the loop!
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Just FYI, I am female, early 50s. I volunteer long hours at GenCon, so I'm usually out by 9:30am & in around 1-1:30am, with random drop ins. If those hours don't fit well with your schedule, just let me know. It's all good!  ;-)

Normal
Small

ang_adj wrote:
mllungfish wrote:
ang_adj wrote:
Are you full?
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Just FYI, I am female, early 50s. I volunteer long hours at GenCon, so I'm usually out by 9:30am & in around 1-1:30am, with random drop ins. If those hours don't fit well with your schedule, just let me know. It's all good!  ;-)
 ang_adj wrote:
Are you full?
I haven't heard anything back from the first person so no, I have 2-3 spots left! Please let me know as soon as you can if you are interested :) 

Normal
Small
Posted by ang_adj

I'm sorry, I waited as long as I dare. I had to make other arrangements. I hope you have better luck filling your spots!  :)

Normal
Small
Posted by octoberxp

My housing for the con fell through last night - based on the prices you've listed, I'd be interested as long as there was at least one more person. I can't afford the $1027, but I could make $685 or less work.

Normal
Small

ang_adj wrote:
I'm sorry, I waited as long as I dare. I had to make other arrangements. I hope you have better luck filling your spots!  :)
ang_adj wrote:
I actually answered your message yesterday..did it not post?? I really needed that spot filled dang it :(

Normal
Small
Posted by mllungfish octoberxp

octoberxp wrote:
My housing for the con fell through last night - based on the prices you've listed, I'd be interested as long as there was at least one more person. I can't afford the $1027, but I could make $685 or less work.
I have 2 others I'm planning with already so if you were interested in a spot I bet there will be at least 3 people. If something happens and it's just the 2 of us we can work something out with the price. Id rather have at least 1 other person! If you want to email me for more details, my email is hookedonu.macomb@gmail.com.

Normal
Small
Posted by jbship628

Sent you an email.

Normal
Small
Posted by ang_adj jbship628

Normal
Small
Posted by rayken

I've been in and out of every hotel downtown and I just wanted to let you know that in the Marriott, each bed should accommodate two people and there is enough space in between the beds and on the side of the far bed for an air mattress or whatnot. The beds also have enough space that you can pack pillows/blankets in between two people like a shallow wall so you don't touch each other while sleeping if you bunk with a stranger. Makes things far less awkward.

You could conceivably, comfortably, accommodate 5 people, with a 6th if they aren't worried about being stepped on in between the two beds.

Normal
Small
Posted by mllungfish rayken

rayken wrote:
I've been in and out of every hotel downtown and I just wanted to let you know that in the Marriott, each bed should accommodate two people and there is enough space in between the beds and on the side of the far bed for an air mattress or whatnot. The beds also have enough space that you can pack pillows/blankets in between two people like a shallow wall so you don't touch each other while sleeping if you bunk with a stranger. Makes things far less awkward.
You could conceivably, comfortably, accommodate 5 people, with a 6th if they aren't worried about being stepped on in between the two beds.
I agree on the Marriott's rooms! I just think that more than 4 people.can be a bit chaotic :p

New Post Sign in to write a new post.