Unlisted Events
Posted by garrion_sw

Myself and a couple friends will be attending this year for our second time. We had a hard time finding events for some games in 2017 and heard about games being run that were not listed. Can anyone give me more information about these?

Some of the games we may be looking for are any of the Modiphius/Free League stuff (2d20, Tales from the Loop, Mutant Year Zero, Coriolis, Symbaroum, etc.), FFG Star Wars/Genesys, MGTraveller 2e, 7th Sea 2e, or Outbreak Undead.

Where/how do you set up your own demos or find people who are running a demo that is not officially sponsored?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Any event that goes through the Gen Con submission process will be offered when event registration opens, and you can get a ticket to that event.

That doesn't stop anyone from running games that are not official events.  On Wednesday, there are a large number of games going on at Union Station.  This is semi-sponsored by Gen Con, but I don't think there's a listing of them, nor do they require registration; you kind of just show up & play, and GC provides the space.

Outside of that, in every hotel where GC attendees are staying, it seems like someone is running games.  There is no official listing of them, people bring their own games, or they run stuff they bought at the Con.  Also, all around the ICC, you'll see people just sitting at a table or on the floor, running something.  Basically, it's just find stuff, and see if they're interested in having other people join in.

Trying to find specific pickup games will be tricky, but good luck with it.

Posted by roderick

Con-sponsored games at Union Station on Wednesday are listed, and are $0. However, we also have a lot of people looking for open tables, and there are a lot of pick-up games running. 

Roderick Robertson
Union Stationmaster 

Posted by derekguder

There aren't really a wealth of unlisted games, to be honest. There are plenty of pick-up games people will get into, of course, but that's really just local groups of (new) friends.

There are some events like Games on Demand where the exact games aren't determined until you show up and see what is available at the time on a rotating "menu," but only some of the games you mentioned on that list would be available there.

Generally, for these specific games, I'd encourage you to reach out to the companies directly to encourage them to run (and promote) games for those, or to mention that to independent gaming groups you enjoy playing with. Or even to run those events yourself, to guarantee some games.

Where did you hear about unlisted games, specifically?

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Where did you hear about unlisted games, specifically?

The first rule of unlisted games is not to talk about unlisted games. :-)

Posted by quarex

Yeah it makes me wonder if this is the greatly-feared secret "Lobbycon" ghost cabal underground games syndicate...or whether he just heard people talking about how, indeed, you never know when somebody might sit down at an unused table and put up a sign asking for players, haha.

Posted by ar6474

There are several companies that I do not see any Events listed. It has been over 48 hours since Event list went live.

I just got off the phone with a Gencon Customer Service Rep and according to them there are several companies that have not submitted their events to Gencon yet. ..hmm.. 

BMG ( BALDMAN GAMES) has a list on their website of all the D&D AL games they will be running. However, Gencon has not a single listing for BMG .. So, I am slightly skeptical in this reason.

I was told to just keep checking the Event finder ..sigh

New events will be posted daily almost until the con starts.  Best way to keep track of them is with event DB or Highprogrammer.

Posted by danielscooby

There is no official games to play there?

Posted by buffythecatslayer danielscooby

danielscooby wrote:There is no official games to play there?

Not sure what/where you’re asking about.  There are thousands of official events, and unofficial games going on all over the place.

Posted by derekguder

This thread was a question about unlisted events, not events that were submitted late and are still being reviewed and updated, please keep it on topic, especially to bring up an older thread.

We'll add as many late events as we can before May 19 and then continue to add more after that as other groups and companies continue to submit events when their plans come together.

If you have any questions or concerns, let us know at [email protected].

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.