Shipping Deadline and Refunds (Pinned)
Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer

The last day to have your packet shipped to you is June 16th at 11:59 pm EST. Gen Con only ships within the United States.

Absolutely no badge cancellation requests will be honored after June 16, 2019, 11:59 pm (Eastern). All badge refunds are subject to a $10 administrative fee. All event and generic ticket refunds are subject to a 5% administrative fee for the total sum of tickets refunded. There are no exceptions.

Refund requests must include the first and last name of the attendee, Gen Con account number and email address associated with the account. Badge types and Game IDs, along with a description of the items to be refunded is greatly appreciated (i.e. a 4-Day badge and eight generic tickets, or three Saturday badges and three True Dungeon tickets, Game ID#________).

The last day to get a ticket refund by emailing customerservice@gencon.com is also June 16th.

Any ticket refunds after that date must be done onsite at the Customer Service Kiosk. Only event tickets can be refunded on site. Badges are non-refundable and non-transferable.There are no exceptions.

Event specific ticket refunds/exchanges must be requested at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event. Refund/Exchange requests received after that time will not be honored.

All event specific ticket refunds are subject to a 5% administrative fee for the total sum of tickets refunded. There are no exceptions. Refunds will be made back to the original form of payment.

Generic tickets will only be refunded as a system credit. There is no cash refund on generic tickets. There are no exceptions. (System credit can be used to purchase badges or tickets for any future Gen Con. It is non-transferable, non-refundable, and does not expire.)

The last day to receive a generic ticket or event specific ticket refund is Sunday, August 4, no later than 4:00 pm, at the Customer Service kiosks.

Normal
Small
Posted by salmakki

Let's say we've booked our events and are set to go. If an event comes up after June 16th that conflicts with already scheduled events, is there any way to return the ticket or open that slot up?

I'm sure the system is the way it is for a reason but it seems to punish those who plan ahead for their events and schedule. I'd hate to be locked out of an event I would love because the organizers submitted late or the listing didn't go up earlier for other reasons. I recognize none of this is GenCon's fault but will there be any workarounds?

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer salmakki

salmakki wrote:
Let's say we've booked our events and are set to go. If an event comes up after June 16th that conflicts with already scheduled events, is there any way to return the ticket or open that slot up?
I'm sure the system is the way it is for a reason but it seems to punish those who plan ahead for their events and schedule. I'd hate to be locked out of an event I would love because the organizers submitted late or the listing didn't go up earlier for other reasons. I recognize none of this is GenCon's fault but will there be any workarounds?

Currently, there’s no workaround. After June 16, you can’t cancel paper-ticketed events until the start of the Con.  And yes, you are locked out of those times for any other events.  Note that I don’t know if this applies to e-ticket events like TD; I’ve never tried to return e-tickets after the ship date.  But, considering the policy Mike posted lists no exceptions for et’s, I’m guessing you can’t return them either.

Normal
Small
Posted by seanritner

My wife and I have badge and event tickets on our respective individual accounts. They are both set up to get Will-Call - is there a way that I can group those into one and have them shipped, or are they locked to the account and we would have to pay the shipping on each as if we were separate attendees?

Hope that makes sense, thanks

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer seanritner

seanritner wrote:My wife and I have badge and event tickets on our respective individual accounts. They are both set up to get Will-Call - is there a way that I can group those into one and have them shipped, or are they locked to the account and we would have to pay the shipping on each as if we were separate attendees?

You'd have to pay the shipping on both.  It's possible that GC customer service could do something, but I suspect they get many such requests and might just not deal with it.  No harm in sending them an email, but you're getting close to the date.

Normal
Small
Posted by seanritner buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
seanritner wrote:My wife and I have badge and event tickets on our respective individual accounts. They are both set up to get Will-Call - is there a way that I can group those into one and have them shipped, or are they locked to the account and we would have to pay the shipping on each as if we were separate attendees?

You'd have to pay the shipping on both.  It's possible that GC customer service could do something, but I suspect they get many such requests and might just not deal with it.  No harm in sending them an email, but you're getting close to the date.

Perfectly reasonable just thought I'd check - thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by perthius24 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
The last day to have your packet shipped to you is June 16th at 11:59 pm EST. Gen Con only ships within the United States.
Absolutely no badge cancellation requests will be honored after June 16, 2019, 11:59 pm (Eastern). All badge refunds are subject to a $10 administrative fee. All event and generic ticket refunds are subject to a 5% administrative fee for the total sum of tickets refunded. There are no exceptions.
Refund requests must include the first and last name of the attendee, Gen Con account number and email address associated with the account. Badge types and Game IDs, along with a description of the items to be refunded is greatly appreciated (i.e. a 4-Day badge and eight generic tickets, or three Saturday badges and three True Dungeon tickets, Game ID#________).
The last day to get a ticket refund by emailing customerservice@gencon.com is also June 16th.
Any ticket refunds after that date must be done onsite at the Customer Service Kiosk. Only event tickets can be refunded on site. Badges are non-refundable and non-transferable.There are no exceptions.
Event specific ticket refunds/exchanges must be requested at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event. Refund/Exchange requests received after that time will not be honored.
All event specific ticket refunds are subject to a 5% administrative fee for the total sum of tickets refunded. There are no exceptions. Refunds will be made back to the original form of payment.
Generic tickets will only be refunded as a system credit. There is no cash refund on generic tickets. There are no exceptions. (System credit can be used to purchase badges or tickets for any future Gen Con. It is non-transferable, non-refundable, and does not expire.)
The last day to receive a generic ticket or event specific ticket refund is Sunday, August 4, no later than 4:00 pm, at the Customer Service kiosks.

So my partner for Ballroom Dancing lessons backed out on me.  Can I get a refund at the kiosk as described in this post?

Normal
Small
Posted by perthius24

So my partner for Ballroom Dancing lessons backed out on me.  Can I get a refund at the kiosk as described in this post?

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke perthius24

perthius24 wrote:So my partner for Ballroom Dancing lessons backed out on me.  Can I get a refund at the kiosk as described in this post?

Yes.

If it's an electronic ticket, you can each refund it online now.

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick perthius24

perthius24 wrote:
So my partner for Ballroom Dancing lessons backed out on me.  Can I get a refund at the kiosk as described in this post?

Not answering your question, but you may consider going even without your partner, as there are likely to be numerous singles at the class. Sure, it won't be the same without your partner, but you can still learn to dance. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.