Help on getting our events approved
Posted by elrathion

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone could lend some help/advice around getting our events approved. We had submitted an event months ago, but it took forever to hear back. Finally, we learned that we had to resubmit it because there were some format issues, so we resubmitted and added some side events, which was over a month ago. 

Our community is getting desperate for updates as we are less than two months out. I know we're not a big organization but as a fan-based project which got hurt significantly by COVID, a Gencon World Championship was our chance to rekindle excitement. 

I would appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me to help escalate this. Many of us have bought tickets/flights already months ago, and we don't know what else to do.

Thank you

Elrathion - Head of Design
https://swdrenewedhope.com/

Posted by toxic_rat

If you had submitted events after the deadline (March 13), there is no guarantee that the events will be approved.  I suppose there is no real guarantee that any events get approved, but after the deadline passes, GenCon has to take care of other details.  For example, we are still waiting on locations for about half of our events, mostly miniatures and board games.  I'm sorry that you had stuff submitted, and that it got bounced back for revisions, that's hard to bear.  Be patient though...additional events do get approved, right up to the deadline.  But it's not many, and it's possible that you won't get a slot.

You can always email [email protected] to inquire about the status.

Good luck to you!

Mike
Event Organizer
Conspiracy of Gamers

Posted by boardcrunch elrathion

elrathion wrote:
Hi everyone
I was wondering if anyone could lend some help/advice around getting our events approved. We had submitted an event months ago, but it took forever to hear back. Finally, we learned that we had to resubmit it because there were some format issues, so we resubmitted and added some side events, which was over a month ago. 
Our community is getting desperate for updates as we are less than two months out. I know we're not a big organization but as a fan-based project which got hurt significantly by COVID, a Gencon World Championship was our chance to rekindle excitement. 
I would appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me to help escalate this. Many of us have bought tickets/flights already months ago, and we don't know what else to do.
Thank you
Elrathion - Head of Design
https://swdrenewedhope.com/

If you don't get any word,  I could reach out to incorporate you into our events at BoardCrunch as a alternative.

Email the details [email protected] 

Posted by derekguder

You can always email [email protected] if you have any questions, but you can check on the status of your events in your EO/GM Dashboard.

If you resubmitted your events after the March deadline and especially after the opening of event registration, you will need to be patient, as late events are finalized as we have the time to do so, and this is a particularly busy time.

Keep an eye on the status of your events. If they are submitted for review, we have not had a chance to review them yet. When that changes, you should get an email notification, but you can also always check your dashboard to confirm.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by kshelton elrathion

[This post has been removed]

Posted by justicehwrk

Posted by lauryfrieses

New Post Sign in to write a new post.