Full-Time Position, Including Benefits
Who we are
At Gen Con LLC, our mission is to create the world’s greatest place for tabletop gaming. At the core of what we do is producing the largest tabletop gaming convention in North America, held every year in Indianapolis, IN. Gen Con, “The Best Four Days in Gaming,” is 70,000 attendees, over 520 exhibitors, and 20,000 ticketed events, operating 24 hours per day, in over 1.2 million square feet of event space in the Indiana Convention Center, Lucas Oil Stadium, and many surrounding hotels. Just as new technologies and a larger, more diverse set of audiences are driving change in the games we play and how we play them, we dedicate ourselves to creating and adopting the best tools and practices possible to support and showcase tabletop gaming culture wherever gamers gather, be it in the physical space of a convention center or in the digital space of our social media communities and streaming channels.
What we’re looking for
A well-rounded accounting professional to manage our books, from top to bottom, working directly with our CFO.
What you’ll do
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Daily sales reporting and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate 1099 data.
- Enter journal entries and balance general ledger.
- Contribute to ongoing effort to streamline processes, including transition to paperless record-keeping.
What you bring to the table
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years professional accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Dedication to maintaining accurate financial records and high ethical standards and practices.
- Knowledge of Gen Con; have attended Gen Con or other conventions.
- Interest in tabletop gaming and geek culture.
Working at Gen Con
Compensation: $55,000 – $65,000
Position requires paid travel to Indianapolis, IN to work the convention.
Gen Con's corporate office resides in the Leschi neighborhood of Seattle, WA.
Company benefits include:
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Generous 401(k) matching.
- Annual bonus program.
- Good work/life balance with extensive vacation time, holidays, sick days, and three personal days per year.
- Annual off-site corporate summit.
Gen Con does not offer relocation assistance or sponsor visas at this time. All submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants only, please. No recruiters or agencies.