Who we are
At Gen Con LLC, our mission is to create the world’s greatest place for tabletop gaming. At the core of what we do is producing the largest consumer hobby, fantasy, science fiction, and adventure game convention in North America, held every year in Indianapolis, IN. Gen Con, “The Best Four Days in Gaming,” is 70,000 attendees, over 520 exhibitors, and 20,000 ticketed events, operating 24 hours per day, in over 1.2 million square feet of event space in the Indiana Convention Center, Lucas Oil Stadium, and many surrounding hotels. Just as new technologies and a larger, more diverse set of audiences are driving change in the games we play and how we play them, we dedicate ourselves to creating and adopting the best tools and practices possible to support and showcase tabletop gaming culture wherever gamers gather, be it in the physical space of a convention center or in the digital space of our social media communities and streaming channels.
What we’re looking for
The Gen Con Events Department is looking to hire a contracted hourly seasonal employee for an entry-level administrative position.
What you’ll do
- Act as point of contact for general Event department’s inquiry emails. Handling of external and internal communications.
- Track and organize deliverables, coordinate materials as related to department needs.
- Work with proprietary tools and create processes.
- Interact with third-party clients.
- Manage and audit receipts after the convention.
- Other administrative tasks as needed
What you bring to the table
- Excellent written communication skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Customer service experience a plus
- Excel: Proficient to Advanced level (Pivot tables used).
- Attention to detail and strong organizational abilities; prioritization and problem-solving skills a must. A strong self-motivator who can work in a team-oriented environment.
- High School or equivalent degree required. College degree or equivalent a plus.
- Administrative background preferred; 2-3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of Gen Con a plus; attended Gen Con before.
- Interest in tabletop gaming and geek culture.
Working at Gen Con
Compensation: $16–$18 per hour.
- Hourly Seasonal Employee
- 40 hours per week
- Entry Level / Admin position
- March 11 – August 11, 2020 (August 3-14 off)
- Seattle-based only
- Willingness to travel for approximately 10 days in July/August.
- (Ideal to have the same person for this role year over year. Multi-year contract with option to opt out after yearly review.)
Gen Con's corporate office resides in the Leschi neighborhood of Seattle, WA.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants only, please. No recruiters or agencies.