- Friday, January 22, 2016 at noon (Eastern) - Badge Pre-Registration begins.
- Sunday, January 24, 2016 at noon (Eastern) - Housing reservations open.
- Sunday, May 15, 2016 at noon (Eastern) - Event Registration begins.
- Saturday, June 19, 2016 at 11:59 pm (Eastern) - Pre-Registration ends. All shipping method changes must be completed by this time.
- Sunday, June 19, 2016 - Registration begins. Badge prices increase. All purchases fulfilled through Will Call only. This is the last day to cancel badges for 2016.
- Monday, July 11, 2016 at 5 pm (Eastern) - Housing cut-off date, the last day to make new hotel reservations.
- Wednesday, August 4, 2016 at noon (Eastern) - Onsite Registration begins.
- Thursday - Sunday, August 4 - August 7, 2016, Gen Con 2016 happens live at the Indiana Convention Center.
All badges and event tickets will be purchasable online through our registration system. Gen Con accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express for payment. Checks and money orders are not accepted at any time. Gen Con does not accept badge or ticket orders over the phone. The Marion County admissions tax will be charged for all badge purchases, in compliance with Marion County laws.
You may be wondering what “Registration” means. It’s the time when attendees can purchase badges and event tickets for Gen Con Indy online through our registration system. (Gen Con does not sell badges or event tickets over the phone.) What’s the different between Pre-Registration and regular Registration? It’s all about the prices and shipping methods! Here are some tid-bits that you need to know:
- Pre-Registration dates are January 22 (noon at Eastern) through June 19 at 11:59 pm (Eastern).
- Gen Con offers discounted pricing on most badges during Pre-Registration (see Gen Con Badges) .
- Most badge prices will go UP once Pre-Registration ends!
- Any purchases made after Pre-Registration ends will be held at Will Call (“Ship To Me” options are not available).
- Online Registration stays open (at regular prices) through the last day of the show.
- All attendees must purchase a badge.
- Gen Con does not offer parent badges, shopper badges or other types of limited-access, discounted badges.
- Children ages eight (8) and under are free but require a wristband and must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian with a badge. Children must be registered for security purposes. Parents or Guardians with a valid Gen Con badge may obtain a Child Wristband online before the show or at the Customer Service or Registration kiosks.
- Marion County admissions tax will be applied to all badge purchases, per Marion County laws.
- Badges purchased during Pre-Registration and labeled “Ship To Me” will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail within three (3) weeks of the close of Pre-Registration. Please provide your mailing address and valid name in the account details section of your account (do not use any aliases).
- Items shipped via USPS Priority Mail can be tracked through the USPS web site. If they do not arrive before the convention, the badges and/or event tickets in question will be reprinted at no cost.
- If you do not receive your package by two weeks before the show, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 800-529-3976 x3806. Customer Service hours are Monday – Friday, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm (Pacific).
- Badges and tickets purchased after Pre-Registration ends will be labeled “Will Call”.
- Items labeled “Will Call” will be available onsite at the Will Call kiosks and can only be picked up by the attendee whose name is on the badge. A valid government-issued photo ID is required in order to pick up your packet at Will Call. The only exception is for small children with no photo ID. A parent or guardian with a valid ID must accompany the child when picking up their Will Call packet.
- For information regarding refunding and exchanging badges or event tickets, please see our Refund & Exchange Policies.
Events run throughout the four days of Gen Con, and tickets are required for most events. Ticket prices vary per event. For information on purchasing event tickets, check out our Attendee FAQ.
To find events and purchase tickets once Event Registration has opened, log into our online registration system.
Onsite Registration Hours
|Main Registration & Customer Service||Hall F Remote Event Registration|
|Wednesday, noon - 9 pm||Thursday – Saturday, 7 am – 2 am|
|Thursday, 7 am – Sunday, 4 pm||Sunday, 7 am – 2 pm|
|Will Call||Marriott Remote Event Registration|
|Wednesday, noon – Sunday, 3 pm||(350 West Maryland Street)|
|Thursday – Saturday, 9 am – 6 pm|
|Sunday, 9 am – noon|
|Hall B Remote Registration|
|Thursday, 8 am – 8 pm|
|Friday – Saturday, 8 am – 8 pm|
Other Onsite Show Hours
|Exhibit Hall||VIG Lounge|
|Thursday – Saturday, 10 am – 6 pm||Wednesday, noon – 9 pm|
|Sunday, 10 am – 4 pm||Thursday – Saturday, 7 am – 9 pm|
|Sunday, 7 am – 2 pm|
|Wednesday, noon – 7 pm||Volunteer HQ|
|Thursday – Saturday, 7 am – 7 pm||Tuesday, 2 pm – 6 pm|
|Sunday, 7 am – 5 pm||Wednesday, 9 am – 9 pm|
|Thursday – Saturday, 7 am – 9 pm|
|Show Office||Sunday, 7 am – 4 pm|
|Wednesday, noon – 9 pm|
|Thursday – Saturday, 7 am – 9 pm|
|Sunday, 7 am – 5 pm|
If you have any inquiries regarding Registration, please call our office at 800-529-3976 x3806 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer Service hours are Monday – Friday, 9 am - 5 pm (Pacific). During the convention, all inquiries can be made at the Customer Service kiosk.