User Name
Posted by aklevah

How do I maintain my user name from the old forums?

Edit:  I see it is the user name from my Gen Con profile, which can be changed in the "My Profile" button under my name when I am logged in to my account.  For me I used the same user name on the forums, but others may not, so they can change it there.

Posted by matthew.nelson

Your Username in the forums is the Username set in your account profile for the Gen Con web site.

1. After logging in to the site, click on your name in the top right corner and select “My Profile” in the dropdown.
  2. Your Username is displayed on your account Profile tab.
  3. To change your Gen Con Username, click “Change” to the right of the username.

Matthew Nelson
IT Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by noone

I tried that but told me my forum name (mi98c10) is already taken

Posted by adrian

Hi Mike!   It looks like there are two accounts for you in the system - the one with your forum name as your user name shows as being created before your current active account and is pending... It has a simlar, but slightly different email address...  I'm guessing that when you created the first account, the email used had a typo. 

Please email [email protected] with the above details and they should be able to merge the accounts for you.

Adrian Swartout
CEO, Owner
Gen Con LLC

Posted by noone

Thanks after posting I thought about and tried another email address.  The other profile has a lower account number by 1200.  542 so now which one to use and how do I tie I'm a vig to the older account, which looks like I never registered a badge with it

Posted by noone

Damn I should had read your full response about contacting customer service

New Post Sign in to write a new post.