Well no room for me
Posted by cbudoris

my buddy got 5 minutes in a time of all times.  I got 2 1/2 hours, so we're using his.

Just a note, the Embassy was already gone, if you can believe that.  We picked the Hyatt.  Crazy that the Embassy was gone in less than 5 minutes.

Posted by kbelenky

I got 7 minutes so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that was able to book within the first ten minutes.  Just booked at The Westin.  Everything still available at the 12:10 mark.

Posted by cbudoris cbudoris

cbudoris wrote:
my buddy got 5 minutes in a time of all times.  I got 2 1/2 hours, so we're using his.
Just a note, the Embassy was already gone, if you can believe that.  We picked the Hyatt.  Crazy that the Embassy was gone in less than 5 minutes.
We were trying for a double/double, Tues- Sunday.  Could be there's other availability still at Embassy if you don't expect to come as early as Tuesday.

Posted by del_grande

Somebody else noted on the "What time did you get?" thread that the double-doubles at the Embassy sold out in five minutes, but they still had one-kings available 15 minutes after the opening.

Posted by droopymccool49 droopymccool49

droopymccool49 wrote:
45 minutes for me. I suspect JW will be booked out, so I will just put myself on the wait list like I do every year. I have always been able to get the JW that way. I just wish there was more explanation of when the wait list will open.
I did the same thing every year, but I have a feeling this will not be possible with the new automated wait list feature. It seems to indicate that you must have a room booked at the hotel you want to even use it. Worse, there is no manual wait list this year....

Posted by boc_mage

Best news this year is of True Dungeon expanding to other cons incrementally. I heavily enjoy Indy but if i can get True Dungeon at another con without the hotel headaches then its gladly out the door i go. 

Posted by lore seeker droopymccool49

droopymccool49 wrote:
droopymccool49 wrote:
45 minutes for me. I suspect JW will be booked out, so I will just put myself on the wait list like I do every year. I have always been able to get the JW that way. I just wish there was more explanation of when the wait list will open.
I did the same thing every year, but I have a feeling this will not be possible with the new automated wait list feature. It seems to indicate that you must have a room booked at the hotel you want to even use it. Worse, there is no manual wait list this year....

What do you mean by "manual wait list?"

Posted by quicksilver

Appears that doubles at Westin are gone (according to a friend that just booked).

Posted by droopymccool49 lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
droopymccool49 wrote:
droopymccool49 wrote:

What do you mean by "manual wait list?"
There was a manual wait list. You submitted your contact info via the phone or email and then they had actual employees work off of that list. That is gone and we have this automated thing this year and it seems that it will only help if you already have a room at the hotel you want.

Posted by lore seeker

Ah okay.

Me, I've got my own "wait list" - obsessively check the housing page every day until I get a damn downtown room. Not necessarily mentally healthy, but it worked last year.

Posted by chemrebel

Hubby got 25 minutes and we managed to score the Embassy for 4 people (us and our kids).  I'm still waiting on my spot from 3h 21m just to see what is left.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.