Gen Con 2019 Golden Ticket Sweepstakes — OFFICIAL RULES
These are the official Rules of the Gen Con 2019 Golden Ticket Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), which is sponsored by Gen Con LLC (the “Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. These Rules may be updated from time to time, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Gen Con LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Sponsor, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes can be entered in one of two ways: (i) Ship to Me Entry — by selecting “USPS Priority Mail” as the delivery method for a valid Gen Con 2019 fulfillment packet through any active account at www.gencon.com during the Sweepstakes Period; or (ii) Registration Entry — by making a complete entry via the free online entry form at https://forms.gle/URRbiPEL6JwbMTQSA during the Sweepstakes Period. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter only once. You may not enter multiple times by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules. If you use fraudulent methods, attempt to circumvent the Rules, or otherwise interfere with the Sweepstakes, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. Sweepstakes Period: For Ship to Me Entries, USPS Priority Mail may be selected through any active account at www.gencon.com after a purchase of any Gen Con 2019 badge or event ticket, between January 13, 2019 at 12 PM Noon EDT and June 16, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT. All valid Gen Con 2019 fulfillment packets with “USPS Priority Mail” set as their delivery method as of 11:59 PM EDT on June 16, 2019 will be accepted as Ship to Me Entries. Online entries will be accepted via the free online entry form at https://forms.gle/URRbiPEL6JwbMTQSA starting on or about May 31, 2019 and ending June 16, 2019. All entries must be received by June 16, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. Prizes: All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. No substitutions or cash value payments are allowed. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Golden Ticket Prize (100) — Each Golden Ticket winner will receive one (1) Gen Con 2020 Promo Pass, redeemable for one (1) complimentary 4-Day Gen Con 2020 badge, at an approximate retail value of $121. The actual or appraised value may differ at time of prize award or redemption. The specifics of the prize shall be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The prize is non-transferable, carries no cash value, and will not be replaced by Sponsor if lost. The prize must be redeemed prior to August 2, 2020, either via code entry at www.gencon.com between about January 19, 2020 and August 2, 2020, or on site at the Customer Service Kiosk during Gen Con 2020 in the Indiana Convention Center between July 29 and August 2, 2020. The prize becomes void at 3:59 PM EDT on August 2, 2020. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
6. Winner selection and notification: Determination of winners and prize awards will be conducted in accordance with the Rules. Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the sole supervision of the Sponsor. Registration Entry winners will be notified via email within five (5) days following the winner selection to the email address they provided for Registration Entry. Ship to Me Entry winners will be notified via an inclusion of a Golden Ticket prize in their Gen Con 2019 fulfillment packet, sent via USPS Priority Mail. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identity or of otherwise being the authorized account holder of any associated email address. Winners will be required to affirm a prize winner acceptance acknowledgement to receive their prize. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk email, or other security settings, or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices or prizes due to non-delivery or failure of USPS, or due to winner’s failure to collect their USPS Priority Mail Packet from the US Postal Service. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize, or fails to timely return a completed and executed acceptance, declaration, or release as required, prize may be forfeited, or an alternate winner selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS’ SUBMISSIONS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY REWARD OR PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED, AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
7. Rights Granted by you: By entering the Sweepstakes you understand, agree, and grant the right and license to Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor its respective licensees, successors, and assigns, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or consent, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity, or information and for trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes in any media without any further compensation.
8. Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website, violates these Rules, or otherwise engages in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes and to void entries for any reason.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitation of Liability: By participating in or entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, cause of action, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of any participation or entry in the Sweepstakes, or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason your entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another entry, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to present winners from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims at its sole discretion.
10. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, you accept and submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in King County, Washington for any such issues, questions, and causes of action. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.