Trade Day
Posted by chixon

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy tickets for trade day only?  The only option I can find is $235 for Trade Day and a 4 day Gen Con pass.  Is there an option I can't find to buy Trade Day only cheaper?

Posted by austicke

Not that I'm aware.

Posted by mikeboozer chixon

chixon wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy tickets for trade day only?  The only option I can find is $235 for Trade Day and a 4 day Gen Con pass.  Is there an option I can't find to buy Trade Day only cheaper?

Trade Day events can only be accessed with a Trade Day badge.

Mike

Posted by mvotruba

Mike,  will Trade Day events registration go live at the same time as the rest of Gen Con's events do?  I have a Trade Day badge, but it'll be my first time attending for those events.

Thanks.

Posted by lindaroys

As far as I know, Gen Con only offers the option to purchase a Trade Day ticket bundled with a 4-day Gen Con pass for $235.
I haven't come across a cheaper option for Trade Day only, but it's always a good idea to double-check their website or reach out to their customer support to make sure :)

Posted by mvotruba

OK, I have another question about Trade Day, for anyone who has attended the event before:

I'll be attending Trade Day, but my daughter will not.  I will be purchasing a full con badge for her.  Can she either accompany me to my Trade Day events or can she at least check in with me?  I'd hate to have her out and about the city without being able to reach me or see me.  Can you provide me with some feedback/input on this?

I reached out to customer service twice (well, 3 times as of just now) and have not gotten a response.  I'm trying to avoid issues the day of and would try to make arrangements if she's not allowed in.

Thank you in advance for any/all replies.

Posted by mikeboozer mvotruba

voice_of_reason wrote:
OK, I have another question about Trade Day, for anyone who has attended the event before:
I'll be attending Trade Day, but my daughter will not.  I will be purchasing a full con badge for her.  Can she either accompany me to my Trade Day events or can she at least check in with me?  I'd hate to have her out and about the city without being able to reach me or see me.  Can you provide me with some feedback/input on this?
I reached out to customer service twice (well, 3 times as of just now) and have not gotten a response.  I'm trying to avoid issues the day of and would try to make arrangements if she's not allowed in.

The short answer is yes but it really depends on her age. If she is a minor then assuredly so.

Mike 

Posted by mvotruba

Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  She not a minor, but I still don't want to leave her running around the city for that long.  I've gotten a response from customer service.  I'm working on arrangements for our lunch break and between events.  I got someone that will accompany her while I'm occupied.

Also, will registration for Trade Day events happen at the same time as other events for Gen Con?  Again, my first Trade Day so I'm not sure.

Posted by mikeboozer mvotruba

voice_of_reason wrote:
Mike,
Thanks for the reply.  She not a minor, but I still don't want to leave her running around the city for that long.  I've gotten a response from customer service.  I'm working on arrangements for our lunch break and between events.  I got someone that will accompany her while I'm occupied.
Also, will registration for Trade Day events happen at the same time as other events for Gen Con?  Again, my first Trade Day so I'm not sure.

Yes, registration for Trade Day Events happen at the same time as other Events.

Posted by jollixeno mvotruba

mvotruba wrote:
The hotel that Trade Day is in is a hotel, that is open to the public. She could easy be in that area (even the hallway outside of the seminars/events you would attend for Trade Day) without any issue. They check badges and attendance during each event to make sure everyone has the proper badge, etc. However, in between events you two could hang out in the hotel no issue (there is a coffee shop on the second floor right next to where badges are picked up for Trade Day, and plenty of places to longue and sit around that area, while all of the events are either on that floor or the 3rd). 

Posted by mvotruba

@ jollizeno,

Thanks for the information.  That helps.  I think my group and I can work with that.

Cheers,

New Post Sign in to write a new post.