What must have events are you excited about this year?
Posted by nlgplayerone

Looking for some new ideas.

Posted by helenbb

Shhhhh..... don't tell anyone about cool events until AFTER event registration.... ;)

Posted by mason_16

There was a BattleCON tournament that I was really excited about, but it got cancelled... along with all of Level 99 Games' other events. Not sure if they pulled out of GenCon this year or what, but it's a bit disappointing that it's not happening now.

Posted by eldrad12000

I was excited to try and get into one of the new Werewolf the Apocalypse games as well as some Lorcana demos. Which I was lucky and managed to get both.

Posted by kevinrg

Been wanting to do an old school 1E D&D event so, found one this year.  Also finally got into the Kingdom Death 24hr game.  

Posted by helenbb

I am excited for the Evil Dead RPGs... and we got the one that fit into our schedule!

Posted by triad1

I've never played Starfinder before, so  I'm interested in checking out a Paizo RPG for the first time. 

However, I'm actually most interested in finally getting to play a game in the Segamore Ballroom.  I've always wanted to play a game in there since the first year I started attending Gen Con well over a decade ago.  Coolest looking room there!  :D

Also interested in my Alien RPG game that I managed to snag.  Should be quite enjoyable!

Posted by triad1 kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
Been wanting to do an old school 1E D&D event so, found one this year. 

I almost ran one this year!  :)   I was going to run a couple of events but decided against it last minute.  Good to see interest is still there.

Posted by kevinrg triad1

triad1 wrote:
kevinrg wrote:

I almost ran one this year!  :)   I was going to run a couple of events but decided against it last minute.  Good to see interest is still there.

Yep.  For old people like me.  You can take THAC0 from me when you pry the d20 from my cold dead hand.

Posted by gamerlaura

Excited that the Pod Racing I'm running on Thursday is mostly sold out!

Also excited to participate Friday morning in the Cosplay Photography Workshop being run by Distant Era!  They are AMAZING and I'm super happy.

Posted by triad1 kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
triad1 wrote:
kevinrg wrote:

Yep.  For old people like me.  You can take THAC0 from me when you pry the d20 from my cold dead hand.

I might still end up running a 1E AD&D or D&D B/X or Conan Role-Playing Game event on the Wednesday.  Haven't fully ruled it out yet.   Keep your eyes peeled if interested.  :)

Posted by mvotruba

Well, my group and I are attending Trade Day for the first time this year.  Probably not what you're asking about though.

Besides that, our group is trying to do a few events for things we'd likely not be able to do at home.  For one, we're going to try the big social game: Two Rooms and a Boom.  We're not going to get that many interested people together at one time, so we thought it'd be fun to give it a go.  For another, we managed to get into a D&D 1st ed. game.  I'm the oldest in the group and the only one that played 1st edition back in the day.  The others started with 2nd or 5th.  I'm excited to revisit that ruleset and for them to try it out.

Otherwise, we're in a few smaller events for games we want to try before we buy (or to fill out some time slots prior to bigger events).

I would suggest trying a new game system if you're into RPG's.  You may discover a ruleset that you'd like to bring back to your group...or if you don't like it, low investment cost for something to stay away from.  I've done Shadowrun in the past and had a blast.  It's not a game system the rest of my group is into, so playing at conventions is the way for me to get a little fix. 

If you're into fitness, the Ork Stomp 5K on Friday morning is a blast.  I won't be attending this year, but had a great time in previous years.  It started small...less than 50 runners, but looks like the 300 tickets this year have sold out.  That said, you can always just participate.

@ Triad1: Oh, Conan!  That was the first event I did at Gen Con over a decade back...fun times.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.