Housing
Posted by pinheadjo

Hey, I know the housing info went to the hotels a few days ago. We have two rooms at the Westin...but so far, they have not charged my credit card for the first nights stay. Has anyone else staying at the Westin been charged? Getting a little worried....

Posted by maijstral2 pinheadjo

pinheadjo wrote:
Hey, I know the housing info went to the hotels a few days ago. We have two rooms at the Westin...but so far, they have not charged my credit card for the first nights stay. Has anyone else staying at the Westin been charged? Getting a little worried....
I've stayed at the Westin 3-4 times for Gencon, missed out this year, and they didn't charge my credit card until much closer to the con. I can't remember exactly but I do remember my first time and freaking a little thinking they didn't have my reservation but they did. May have not even charged until the a day or two before.  If you're driving in don't stay in the valet parking unless you plan on going in and out a lot. Stay in the circle center garage it connects to the Con and its just a walk down the Sagamore ballroom hallway straight into the westin and you save 16 bucks a day on parking and don't have to tip the valet. Its been a couple years but IIRC Westin Valet only parking was 40 bucks a day and circle center was 24 a day.

Posted by dreamitdoit

How do you tell if your hotel tried to charge your card or not? Surely having thousands of attendees calling hotels to check to see if there is a reservation is not the best way?

I don't like the whole "hotel can cancel your reservation without any guest recourse" clause. 

Posted by agent_duchovny pinheadjo

pinheadjo wrote:
My Westin charge showed as pending for days. It finally posted sometime in the past 24 hours. It showed up in my Marriot Bonvoy app immediately, though, even while pending. I’d call and/or check your account. 

Posted by dreamitdoit

Called Towneplace Suites this morning (7/23/23) and they said that they hadn't finished processing room reservations yet. They are planning to do in the next 48 hours, sending out an email when the reservation is processed. *Crosses fingers*. Marriott main reservations couldn't find the reservation (presumably because the hotel hasn't entered it yet).

Posted by fabdul00

Holiday inn airport charged my card few days ago. I still don't have a confirmation of the reservation. Was I supposed to receive any confirmation email?

Posted by maijstral2 dreamitdoit

dreamitdoit wrote:
How do you tell if your hotel tried to charge your card or not? Surely having thousands of attendees calling hotels to check to see if there is a reservation is not the best way?
I don't like the whole "hotel can cancel your reservation without any guest recourse" clause. 
I check my CC online every couple of days, there should be a pending charge from the hotel or the company that owns the hotel. In my past experience some hotels send a welcome email when they charge your card some don't.

Posted by jigreene

If you included your hotel points account in your reservation you can check that way.  Last week, as soon as everything was sent to the hotels, my reservation showed up in the Hilton app.  I saw the first night charge on my credit card a couple days later.

Posted by austicke fabdul00

fabdul00 wrote:Holiday inn airport charged my card few days ago. I still don't have a confirmation of the reservation. Was I supposed to receive any confirmation email? 

Most don't send anything.

Posted by fabdul00 austicke

austicke wrote:
fabdul00 wrote:Holiday inn airport charged my card few days ago. I still don't have a confirmation of the reservation. Was I supposed to receive any confirmation email? 

I think I may have to call their 800 number tomorrow and get the confirmation number. This way I can add it to the app and check in/out and use the digital key. 

Posted by pinheadjo austicke

austicke wrote:

True, they may not send anything...but my credit card shold have been charged by now, I would think.

Posted by dreamitdoit

Townplace Suites (Marriott) started entering their reservations into the system today (7/24). They hadn't gotten mine entered when I talked to them at 5pm, but I got an email confirmation number in my gencon email address and a pending CC charge around 8pm today.

I know each hotel is different and managed differently, so I get it, but it sure would be nice to have more than 6 days between the reservation being created and me checking in, especially since I made the reservation months ago. Probably a pipe dream, but getting a confirmation number on 7/10 would have been less stressful.

Posted by helenbb

My Westin room is not yet showing up in my Bonvoy account and we check in on Tuesday. I’m wondering how long I should wait before calling and making a stink. Monday feels like too late…

ETA   I got nervous and called the Westin. My reservation was in the system! For some reason it hadn’t carried over my loyalty information. I was able to get my Westin confirmation number and add it to the account. Feeling relieved…

Posted by pinheadjo

Same here. I called yesterday and they assured me both rooms were in the system...and they also showed up on my credit card statement. Relieved...for sure.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.