VIG Lottery
Posted by raphael76

Hey all! Didn't know if there was word on if the VIG lottery had taken place yet. I entered again this year, and I know I likely won't hear anything unless I'm selected. I just didn't know if the selections had already taken place or not. Thanks!

Posted by austicke

Many have already been notified of being selected. It's possible there is more to come.

Posted by quarex

I got my VIG notification in 2021 with like two days to go before regular hotel registration opened up, so I would not be surprised if there were still some going out after badge registration on the 11th 

Posted by ubermx austicke

austicke wrote:
Many have already been notified of being selected. It's possible there is more to come.
perhaps fortune will favor me this year

Posted by aldctjoc

Don't give up hope. Even if you don't get it this year. It took me a few tries, but I did eventually "win" that lottery.  

Posted by helenbb

I know people who have received VIG notification AFTER the hotel lottery. Essentially, they weren't able to get the hotel advantage the first year, but they were in the system and became VIGs, and had hotel benefits in future years.

So there's always hope.

Posted by mikeboozer

Selections have taken place. 

There may be a few late notifications but they will be done before hotel registration opens on February 25!

Mike

Posted by bunyipww

Where do you even sign up for VIG lottery?

Posted by austicke bunyipww

bunyipww wrote:Where do you even sign up for VIG lottery?

Instructions are at the bottom of this page, but you’re a couple months late for this year.

Posted by raphael76 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Selections have taken place. 
There may be a few late notifications but they will be done before hotel registration opens on February 25!
Mike
Thanks Mike! I'll only half hold my breath that I get picked this year :-)

Posted by jimdigris austicke

austicke wrote:

Instructions are at the bottom of this page, but you’re a couple months late for this year.
Austicke, could you be a little more precise about the location of the link?

Posted by austicke jimdigris

jimdigris wrote:
austicke wrote:

Austicke, could you be a little more precise about the location of the link?

As I said, instructions are at the bottom of the page. It starts, "If you are interested in being a VIG in 2025 please...."

Posted by narzat

Just in case you can’t see his embedded link because it is too small on a screen or maybe are color blind:  

https://www.gencon.com/attend/vig

Posted by jimdigris

I've looked very carefully.  It's not there.  I'm using Chrome.

Posted by austicke

You blind, girl.

Posted by jimdigris

This is what I have at the bottom of the page (There is also "Follow us" with icons and a sign-up link):

Countdown to Gen Con
166 DAYS

GEN CON LLC

PRESS

CONNECT

JOIN

Posted by quarex

On my page the information being referred to is directly above that section, but something tells me your browser is betraying you.  Reminds me of when I got an error almost no matter what I clicked on beyond the splash page, and only clearing my years of cookies ever fixed the problem

Posted by narzat

Assuming you clicked the link that Austicke and I provided, you should have seen the info below.  Quarex has a point re clearing cookies etc. "If you are interested in being a VIG in 2025 please email [email protected] between November 15 and December 15, 2024 to be entered into the drawing for a 20251. You must provide your name as it appears on your Gen Con account in the body of your email
2. You must provide the email associated with that account in the body of your email.
3. You must be 18 to enter.
4. Do not send it multiple entries from other account you may have in the system.
5. If your account is associated with a group or Organization please let us know (You cannot buy a badge unless that org is temporarily unhooked from your primary account)
6. You must buy that VIG badge for yourself. VIG badges and packages are not tradeable or transferable. The Companion badge can be bought for anyone on your friends list.If you have questions about the program, please feel free to email us at [email protected]."

Posted by jimdigris

The link did work.  Thank you, I appreciate that.
In the future, I urge you not to call someone "blind".  Many consider that insulting, and it is against forum rules.  Note that this is being said in a neutral voice. (Over the internet, sarcasm or anything negative sounds worse than what the speaker intended).

New Post Sign in to write a new post.