Pronouns on badges for my teenage children
Posted by raynbow

My kids are both old enough to get 'real' badges now, but I still have them marked as children on my account, and I can't edit their badge info.
Is there a way to get their pronouns on their badges?

Posted by averyhuffman

I also want to know that, have you found something?

Posted by del_grande

If the pronouns do not appear at all on the badges, then have you considered something as simple as bringing a pen with you and writing them on the badges yourself?

Or is there some sort of policy against writing things on badges that I am not aware of?

Posted by orizen

No.  Parents cannot choose the pronouns of their children.  Only the children, once they’ve been liberated from (the tyranny of) their parents and their accounts, can they truly be free to discover their own pronouns and attach them to their badges.

Posted by orizen del_grande

del_grande wrote:
If the pronouns do not appear at all on the badges, then have you considered something as simple as bringing a pen with you and writing them on the badges yourself?
Or is there some sort of policy against writing things on badges that I am not aware of?

There are also many companies that sell pronoun badge ribbons that allow you to attach your preferred pronouns to your badge.  They sell the more common pronouns as well as a version where you can write in your own unique pronoun.

Posted by raynbow

I don't want to choose my child's pronouns... I want them to be able to choose them and have them on their badge.

I could write or do ribbons, but since they're going to be putting them on the badges anyhow, I just wanted to know if I could do the same thing on my kid's badges (regular badges, same as adult badges, just the kids don't have their own gencon accounts).

Posted by mikeboozer raynbow

raynbow wrote:
I don't want to choose my child's pronouns... I want them to be able to choose them and have them on their badge.
I could write or do ribbons, but since they're going to be putting them on the badges anyhow, I just wanted to know if I could do the same thing on my kid's badges (regular badges, same as adult badges, just the kids don't have their own gencon accounts).

If you created a passive (No email) account for the kids then there is not an option at this time to put the pronoun on the badge.

You have the following options available:
1. email [email protected] and attached an unuse (In our system) email to their account. Then activate it and the pronoun will be available on their "My Profile Page"
2. As stated pronoun ribbons are available at all front end registration kiosks onsite (CS, Will Call, Accessibility Services).

Mike

New Post Sign in to write a new post.