genconhotels in 2024?
Posted by lore seeker

Anyone know if the people behind genconhotels.com plan to keep the site running this year? Currently it's just a message that says "Fix your portal, Gencon. <3"

Posted by del_grande

Pardon me for asking, but what did "genconhotels.com" do?

Posted by austicke

It'll be up soon. Probably today or tomorrow.

del_grande, it's a website that tracks rooms available in the Gen Con housing portal.

Posted by ststroud

Seems like a neat idea if there were availability to track, but apparently everything is sold out already :/

Posted by jimdigris

As hotels are thrown back into the pot, they will show up on the site.  You will have to fight bots for them.

Posted by del_grande

Looks like it's running now, although it may take some time for people to throw their portal reservations back into the pool

Posted by lore seeker

Damn website. Saw a room at the downtown Fairfield come up, I tab over to the housing portal, and nothing. Not sure if it was a false alarm or if it got scooped up that quickly.

Posted by crimeseven

[This post has been removed]

Posted by quarex lore seeker

lore seeker wrote:
Damn website. Saw a room at the downtown Fairfield come up, I tab over to the housing portal, and nothing. Not sure if it was a false alarm or if it got scooped up that quickly.
The general complaint is that rooms get grabbed as quickly as they get posted at first, but it always slows down eventually.  I am fond of saying that in July 2022 my group upgraded to a room that we noticed had been sitting untaken on the portal for hours. 

Posted by ameliacarlo72

Posted by smith609

In 2024, GenConHotels.com continues to be a popular choice for finding accommodations near Gen Con. The lava lounge  website offers a variety of hotel options, including those within walking distance of the convention center. Users can easily compare prices and amenities to find the best hotel for their needs. Booking through GenConHotels.com can also provide special discounts and deals for Gen Con attendees. 

Posted by quarex

Damn they really brought the bots out this week huh

Posted by markram99

Posted by urielblue jimdigris

jimdigris wrote:
As hotels are thrown back into the pot, they will show up on the site.  You will have to fight bots for them.

I have Bots as my Favored Enemy, been in the Ticketmaster K-Pop Wars for a few years now... Ugh.

Posted by thomas333

Posted by quarex

I reiterate it may be time to let the bots have the forum 

Posted by aldctjoc

Whoa, what the heck?? 

I know the spambot infiltration is cyclical, but it seems worse this time. Like we're getting actually composed posts that try to look "on topic" while still link spamming. And we're getting more. 

Gah... yeah, this sucks. 

Posted by helenbb

You can thank AI for the 'on topic' spam posts.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.