Administrative Assistant – Events Team
Hourly Seasonal Position
Who we are
At Gen Con LLC, our mission is to create the world’s greatest place for tabletop gaming. At the core of what we do is producing the largest consumer hobby, fantasy, science fiction and adventure game convention in North America, held every year in Indianapolis, IN. Gen Con, “The Best Four Days in Gaming,” is 60,000+ attendees, 500+ exhibitors, and 19,000+ ticketed events, operating 24 hours per day, in over 1.2 million square feet of event space in the Indiana Convention Center, Lucas Oil Stadium, and many surrounding hotels. Just as new technologies and a larger, more diverse set of audiences are driving change in the games we play and how we play them, we dedicate ourselves to creating and adopting the best tools and practices possible to support and showcase tabletop gaming culture wherever gamers gather, be it in the physical space of a convention center or in the digital space of our social media communities and streaming channels.
What we’re looking for
Gen Con’s Events team is looking to hire an hourly seasonal administrative assistant. Position is approximately 35-40 hours a week for 27 weeks; start date (tentatively) February 11 through August 16 and is Seattle based. Candidate should have an administrative background with 2-3 years experience. Position has the potential to continue on an annual basis.
What you’ll do
- Act as point of contact for general Event department’s inquiry emails. Handling of external and internal communications.
- Track and organize deliverables, coordinate materials as related to department needs.
- Work with proprietary tools; Create processes.
- Interaction with 3rd party clients.
- Manage and audit receipts after the show.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
What you bring to the table
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities. Customer service experience a plus.
- Excel – Proficient to Advance level (pivot tables used).
- Detailed, organized, prioritization, and problem-solving skills a must. A strong self-motivator who can work in a team-oriented environment.
- High School or equivalent degree required. College degree or equivalent a plus.
- Administrative background preferred; 2-3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of Gen Con a plus; Attended Gen Con before.
Working at Gen Con
Gen Con's corporate office resides in the Leschi neighborhood of Seattle, WA. Employment also requires travel to work the convention in Indianapolis, IN.
Gen Con does not offer relocation assistance or sponsor visas for this position.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants only, please. No recruiters or agencies.