Gen Con LLC produces Gen Con, the largest and longest-running annual event devoted to tabletop gaming culture in North America. The convention, which began in 1968 in Lake Geneva, WI, attracts 70,000 attendees and 500 exhibiting companies each year. During the convention, attendees participate in over 19,000 ticketed events representing a wide array of board games, card games, roleplaying games, seminars, entertainment events, and more. Gen Con takes place each August in the Indiana Convention Center, Lucas Oil Stadium, and surrounding hotels in Indianapolis, IN.
Gen Con is powered by a custom management system encompassing a website and mobile applications for IOS and Android. It is the primary interface for Gen Con's customers and partners, and includes functionality for e-commerce, event management, ticketing, search, content management, maps, forums, messaging, convention planning, and much more.
We are looking for a mobile app developer to work on the Gen Con mobile applications for iOS and Android in the following ways:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, designers, and other developers to define technical requirements and estimate effort
- Design and build new and enhance existing mobile application functionality with quality, maintainable code
- Write documentation, implement automated tests, and contribute to manual testing plans
- Maintain and address issues in the mobile apps as they arise and are assigned
- Contribute to design of overall application
- Adhere to and help improve the team’s development processes and workflows
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to establishing best practices for achieving and maintaining quality in the mobile apps
- Research new technologies and patterns to incorporate in the mobile apps
This job is for contractors. Compensation is on an hourly or project basis
This job is remote. You can work from anywhere you like
- Must have 5+ years of professional experience designing and building mobile applications as part of a team
- Must have 1+ years of professional experience with React Native.
- Must have 1+ years of professional experience working with mobile datastores like SQLite
- Must have experience with software development lifecycle practices and methodologies like Scrum and Agile
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be a self-starter, able to take initiative and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Must have experience writing and maintaining automated tests and documentation for your work
- Good to have experience with other mobile application frameworks like Ionic, PhoneGap / Cordova, or Xamrin
- Good to have experience with native mobile application development for iOS and/or Android
- Good to have experience with React-js
- Good to have experience caching server data within mobile apps, synchronizing, and enabling offline functions like searching and querying cached data
- Good to have experience with document-oriented / NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Nice to have experience with web application frameworks like Ruby on Rails
- Nice to have skills and experience in DevOps and/or system administration
How to Apply
Send your resume and a cover letter addressing your area(s) of interest, and how you think your skills and experience match up with the job, to [email protected].
Applicants only, please. No recruiters or agencies.
Gen Con is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team and inclusive environment.