Badges
Posted by pokienose

[This post has been removed]

Posted by braewe

Does that mean you got a booth! Awesome! Shouldn't it come with some badges? Because I don't think, even if you are an exhibitor, that you can purchase someone else's badge...though you might be able to persuade folks with badges already to help at your booth.

<edit> Or do you mean unused badges someone else has just not allocated?

Posted by pokienose

I mean unused badges. We were not able to get a booth. We are hoping someone can help us out.

Posted by austicke

Badges are non-transferable. Your best bet is to look for volunteer opportunities.

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I don't really understand how badges would be non-transferable.  My name is not "John Bootwyn".  But if there were a person named "John Bootwyn", I could just give him my badge, or sell it to him.  How would ANYONE at the convention know that person named John Bootwyn was not me?

Posted by kiyote

While you're not wrong...it is strictly against Gen Con policy, so let's not be promoting this sort of thing, please?

Posted by austicke lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:I don't really understand how badges would be non-transferable.  My name is not "John Bootwyn".  But if there were a person named "John Bootwyn", I could just give him my badge, or sell it to him.  How would ANYONE at the convention know that person named John Bootwyn was not me?

Can Gen Con policies be cheated? Sure. But that doesn't change the policy.

Posted by andrewj.rager

John Bootwyn sounds like a 3rd bit character from a more recent James Bond movie. (Names have gotten much worse)

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent austicke

austicke wrote:
mstabosz wrote:I don't really understand how badges would be non-transferable.  My name is not "John Bootwyn".  But if there were a person named "John Bootwyn", I could just give him my badge, or sell it to him.  How would ANYONE at the convention know that person named John Bootwyn was not me?

Can Gen Con policies be cheated? Sure. But that doesn't change the policy.____________________________________________________
Alec Usticke, Unofficial Gen Con Indy Facebook Discussion Group
It just seems pointless to have such an utterly toothless policy.

Posted by marimaccadmin

There will be no selling of badges, and further requests to purchase badges will not be allowed here, thanks.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.